To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Statesville, NC 28625
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Technician I
Doosan Bobcat NA • Statesville, NC
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location : Statesville
Experience doing development testing with compressors, light towers, generators or similar automotive or truck/bus products will be considered. Hands-on experience troubleshooting pneumatic and electrical systems required. Experience wiring point-to-point electrical devices using schematic drawings. Experience in metal working (dimensional layout, drilling, sawing, grinding, fabrication, welding). Hands-on experience in an Engineering. Lab environment installing test instrumentation, recording test data, use of computerized DAS systems and test report writing is preferred.
Role & Responsibility
Development testing with compressors, light towers and generators:
- Work with engineers and designers to assemble prototypes.
- Acquire and/or modify parts at the direction of engineers or designers to meet prototyping needs.
- Keep accurate and detailed logs of issues with prototype builds/parts and make recommendations to improve the overall design, ensuring this information is communicated to engineers and designers.
- Build test fixtures to support R&D or NPD projects.
- Install test instrumentation.
- Run development tests with assistance.
- Record test data and report results.
- Calibrate precision temperature, pressure, speed and electrical meters.
- Create and maintain calibration records in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Obtain parts and sub-assemblies from production stock, engineering stock or proto build stock and stage for prototype assembly.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Harness, Power Wire, and Electrical Wire Lab Prototyping.
- Ability to read a schematic, harness drawing, and wire table to build harnesses and troubleshoot machines.
- Involved in NPD Project testing and Prototyping related to harness and component installation.
- Managing wire lab inventory and ensuring parts available on time for projects.
- Ability to layout Harness Assembly Wire Table Boards in preparation for Harness prototyping.
- Ability to work in a production and lab environment where installation, crimping, cutting, lifting and prototyping are required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use crimping and wire cutting equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical issues using equipment like Multimeters.
- Knowledge of AC/DC Systems beneficial.
- Diploma - High School Diploma/Equivalent
- 2>5 years of experience
- Basic PC skills
- Minimum 2 years testing or repair of compressors, light towers or generators. Engineering lab experience preferred.
- < 10% travel
- Individual must have demonstrated proficiency in 5 of the 12 areas below identified and available upon request:
- Assembly of prototype units, airends or electronic control systems.
- Troubleshooting pneumatic and electrical systems using onboard electronics when available, schematics and hand-held instruments on prototype units.
- Fabricate, wire and test complex electrical circuits using schematics and drawings.
- Fabrication of prototype parts using common metal working tools/machines (dimensional layout, drilling, sawing, grinding, fabrication, welding).
- Welder qualification for SMAW and GMAW process to AWS requirements.
- Selection and installation of instrumentation required to perform assigned tests.
- Setup, calibration and operation of DAS hardware used in the lab.
- Proficient in understanding the test that is being conducted.
- Ability to interpret results of the data being acquired to ensure the accuracy and validity prior to corresponding with the test requestor.
- Independently perform a variety of component and product performance/endurance tests.
- Diesel engine application approval testing.
- Lab test report at completion of testing with photos and notations of test equipment being used.
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.