Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Grid Manager at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be responsible for safely leading all aspects of Transmission Telecommunications operational activity including design, construction, and maintenance of SCE’s telecommunication system which supports critical utility operations as well as third party systems. The Grid Manager is charged with optimizing the efficiency through the use of work/project schedules and development of resource plans in close coordination with Transmission Resource Planning Performance Management (RPPM). In addition, you will meet or exceed all operational, project and compliance goals.
As a Grid Manager, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Provide leadership and be accountable for the safe execution of all activities; design, construction, maintenance and repair activities within established budgets for the assigned grid. This includes all compliance activities and related reporting.
- Approver for all project schedules, and work involving communication cables within the grid, including but not limited to Rule 20’s, Relocations, Grid Interconnections, Substation projects, Deteriorated Vaults, and infrastructure replacement projects.
- Responsible for the development and modification of resource, budget, staffing and vehicle plans to efficiently implement long range system plan (Integrated Work Plan) and strategic maintenance and inspection plan.
- Lead standardized business processes, productivity and internal/external customer expectation/requirement targets associated with ongoing Transmission Telecommunication design, construction, inspection & maintenance operations and activities for an assigned Grid Area.
- Overall responsibility for strict compliance with all inspection and maintenance requirements and regulations as advised by and/or related to FERC, NERC, WECC, CAISO, and CPUC within assigned grid.
- Oversight of related plant, function, staffing, and vehicle budgets to improve cost efficiencies.
- Works collaboratively with peer Grid Managers to ensure consistency in the execution of capital and O&M budgets.
- Develop and deliver presentations to senior managers and executives.
- Works with RPPM to balance resource demands and availability by leveling work across the enterprise.
- May act for the Transmission Construction and Maintenance Manager in their absence.
- Promote the Company’s safety culture to ensure a safe work environment.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Five years of management/supervisory/project management experience in utility construction management.
- Experience working with internal and external partners and clients including executive leadership and/or regulators.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Transmission, Telecommunications, electrical construction, design/planning, inspection experience.
- Knowledge of GO95, GO128, GO165, AND GO131D as they relate to transmission telecommunications.
- Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Experience using tools such as: Supplier Portal, Excel, Word, Power Point, Design Manager (DM), Automated Utility Drawing (AUD), SPIDA Pole Loading Tool.
- Experience managing multiple projects and budgets.
- Experience prioritizing activities, delegating, monitoring assignments, and holding employees accountable for results.
- Effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
You should know …
Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- This position’s work location will be in either Rialto or Alhambra.
- Visit our [ Link removed ] to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Position will require up to 50% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
- This position may require overnight travel.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- This position may require working outside of normal business hours including holidays and weekends due to storms and emergent issues that may arise.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. For[ Link removed ] , please reference test(s) (Test #8201). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at
- Business Processes
- Customer Satisfaction
- Decision Making