Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Material Handler - 1st Shift
Mixes and packages Company products. Maintains inventory levels and assists in shipping and receiving products and materials in the warehouse.
• Performs manual warehouse duties as assigned or directed.
• Loads and unloads company trucks, common carriers and customer vehicles using forklift and other required equipment.
• Ships and receives products according to company's procedures and requirements.
• Assists in the maintenance of the warehouse facility.
• Serves on company's in-plant or off-site emergency response team.
• Places hazardous materials or waste into appropriate containers.
• Receives, unloads and places into storage hazardous waste received from off-site generators; completes inspections and paperwork associated with receiving and storing hazardous waste.
• Properly manages hazardous waste while inside container storage area or otherwise under company responsibility or controls.
• Prepares for shipment and loads hazardous waste destined for off-site recycling/disposal facilities; completes inspections and paperwork associated with shipping hazardous waste.
• Cleans and maintains warehouse and equipment.
• Adheres to company quality processes, as applicable.
• Assists to resolve product quality issues in an efficient and timely manner, as applicable.
• Performs all other duties as required.
• Complies with all company policies, rules and guidelines.
• Ability to operate an industrial powered lift truck or forklift according to company procedures and governmental regulations
• Knowledge of cGMP requirements as it pertains to FDARP as applicable to the facility
• Ability to use and maintain respiratory protection equipment
• Ability to learn proper methods for handling hazardous materials and wastes, with training.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Hazardous Materials
- Incident Response
- Forklift Truck