Hillyard is looking for a Service Technician for our Lino Lakes, MN branch location, for the areas of St Paul, Woodbury, Maplewood & Oakdale.
Working at Hillyard is more than a job. It's an opportunity to be part of a winning team and to contribute to the success of our growing company. We believe Hillyard Team Members are our most valuable assets and we will continue to develop our people to steer our business into the future.
Our new Service Technicians will have the opportunity to learn our business, and to grow their knowledge and expertise in repairing all types of commercial and industrial type cleaning equipment. All new Service Technicians will progress through an extensive training program that will help them to understand the unique aspects of our business, while learning best in class repair and remediation methods. Service Technicians will be provided a fully equipped service vehicle that is stocked with all the parts, tools and safety support devices to ensure that all service work can be performed safely and efficiently. Service Technician schedules are determined by the Service Manager and the Service Coordinator, and all schedules are communicated appropriately. This position is ideal for an individual who has a strong mechanical aptitude, and for someone who enjoys meeting and working with people, and for someone who understands the value of developing engaged and supportive customer relationships. Additionally, this person should be self-motivated, and ready and willing to support all areas of the operation.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot maintenance and repair issues for incoming machines
- Repair battery and corded cleaning machines
- Prepare new equipment for delivery
- Clean and maintain rental equipment
- Read schematics and parts listings
- Input quotes into the computer system
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and work area
- All other duties as assigned
- Must have AC/DC electrical knowledge
- Highly motivated, great work ethic, excellent customer service skills and have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively manage time and work
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Basic personal computer skills including email, word processing, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
High school or diploma required
Two to five years of experience and/or training in related field
The Service Technician's physical job demands include maximum occasional lift of 50 lbs from floor to 50 inches; maximum occasional lift of 50 lbs from floor to 26 inches; maximum frequent lift of 20 lbs from floor to 36 inches; maximum occasional lift of 5 lbs from floor to 84 in; maximum occasional carry of 50 lbs for 30 ft; maximum
frequent carry of 20 lbs for 50 ft; maximum frequent horizontal push/pull force of 50 lbs at 30 inch height for 20 ft; occasional climb of 26 inches on machines and in/out service van; occasional climb stairs 8-10 inches in height; maximum occasional grip force of 100 lbs; maximum frequent grip force of 40 lbs; frequent forward reach of 36
inches; occasional lateral reach of 24 inches; occasional reach overhead to height of 84 inches; constant bend; occasional crouch/kneel; occasional neck extension; occasional neck flexion; occasional neck rotation; occasional trunk rotation; constant fine motor coordination; frequent foot coordination; frequent balance; frequent lying supine,
side-lying, or prone; frequent sitting; constant standing; and constant walking. PDC Level: MEDIUM
Additional Comments: The Service Technician could be walking and climbing on surfaces which may be slick from outdoor elements or oil or other fluids. This position is also exposed to vibrations through use of impact and other powered tools. Additionally, frequent postures such as lying supine, prone or side-lying may be encountered frequently while accessing machines for maintenance or repair.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled
Attention Deficit Disorder (Add)
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail