U Pull-&-Pay (UPAP) is a dynamic company with a nationwide network of retail self-serve used auto parts stores. As a customer focused organization, UPAP exists to provide low cost, used auto parts to our customers. Our inventory and interchange information services enhance the customer experience. Customers bring their own tools into UPAP stores and remove valuable auto parts from an environmentally processed inventory of autos. These auto parts are purchased according to a specific price list shared with our customers. UPAPs inventory of autos is rotated continuously.
UPAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company (DJJ) which was founded in 1885 and is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
- Responsible for buying whole cars to be sent to assigned stores based on quality (retail value) and freight/towing costs
- Responsible for working closely with Store Managers and Assistant Managers on local buy, auctions, peddler/public pricing, any scrap pricing, and general market knowledge
- Serve as an adviser to stores
- Provide regular updates on the car market to Store Managers weekly and daily conversations
- Work closely with the Marketing Specialist to develop advertising concepts and actions related to both regional car buy as well as parts sales
- Work with Store Managers and Assistant Managers on relationships at auctions and with tow companies
- Find ways to source cars with lower fees in the region
- Cultivate new sourcing relationships with charities, tow companies and auctions
- Responsible for monthly projections related to car buy at all stores in the region
- Responsible for assuring proper licenses are in place at stores and with tow companies
- Make sure we are conforming to all federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Work experience in sales or marketing a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel within the assigned market, and to other markets periodically as needed