You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WSMV 4 is Nashville’s NBC affiliate and Middle Tennessee’s first television station. Owned by Gray Television, WSMV 4 broadcasts 53 hours of live, local news each week, more than any other station in Nashville and has been recognized with numerous awards including an Edward R. Murrow Award for continuing coverage of the 2021 Waverly Floods. WSMV is also the home of Nashville’s Certified Most Accurate First Alert Forecast for 3 years running (certified by WeatherRate). Visit www.WSMV.com for more.
A Broadcast Engineer is responsible for day-to day hands on maintenance of the technical infrastructure supporting all live and recorded programming and post-production at WSMV. Performs quality control measurements to insure proper video and audio quality is maintained for broadcast and assist local production team needs. Duties include troubleshooting, maintaining and installing studio and editing equipment. The Engineer interacts daily with production staff and will be responsible to follow all WSMV and FCC standards and guidelines. Must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, be a self-starter, and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal employees.
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Support engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/recorded events & programs
• Have knowledge regarding broadcast equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts – corrects and documents technical problems
• Assist with implementing Engineering projects
• Maintains building needs
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
• Familiar with networking and IP addressing
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates
• Display and maintain professional appearance, based on station standards and professional demeanor
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience preferred.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or similar certification is preferred but, is not required.
• Previous working experience in engineering is preferred.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations.
• Knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Must be able to work varying hours and weekends
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
Interested applicants can, go to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to BROADCAST/ IT ENGINEER - WSMV, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your cover letter, resume, and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
- Attention To Detail
- Ip Addressing
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: BROAD006318
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.