The Dispatcher is responsible for the daily scheduling of production activity to insure an organized, effective and profitable operation.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and scheduling assignments, routing jobs and crews to comply with customer commitments.
• Maintaining Communication with Drivers throughout the day
• Assist with Confirming Pack / Load / Delivery Dates with Customer Care
• Reviewing assigned Shipments with Driver’s on a Daily Basis
• Assist Drivers in Problem Solving; Coordinate with Inter-Departmental Staff (Coordinators & Planning)
• Updated Coordination & Planning for Additional Authorizations (Packing & Weight Overages)
• Schedule Shipments into and out of storage with Warehouse Managers & Agents
• Manage Driver Time off Requests
• Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience: 2-4 years’ experience in transportation or logistics dispatch. Moving industry dispatch preferred
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Computer Skills: Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Access, Word), Database Management.
Other: Excellent communication skills, attention to detail
Interstate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.