At FCS Financial, part of the nationwide Farm Credit System, we are looking for a Senior IS Service Desk Specialist to join our Information Services Team! FCS Financial is a member of the largest agriculture lending cooperative in the United States today. FCS is seeking an outgoing, confident, friendly, and precise individual. If you are looking for an opportunity to collaborate with people to help resolve and troubleshoot computer system issues, assist in Technology installation, and update system access/configurations, this career opportunity is for you!
The Senior IS Service Desk Specialist main focus is to administer and manage computer systems and various interactions between system applications, users, and business processes. This person will help manage the service desk service requests and trouble incidents and ensure that FCS employees have access to resources required. The employee in this position will also provide technical support to the Association’s end users and manages system user access requests.
Hybrid - Remote Office Work Environment and flexible work schedule will be considered after the initial training period is complete and based off of the candidates’ qualifications and needs.
This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position is open until filled.
Department: Information Services
Reports To: Vice President, Technical Operations
Job Functions*PercentageJob Functions40%Technology Support
- Provides support to internal customers via in person visit, phone, TEAMS messaging, text messages or email regarding issues with FCS provided computers, printers, scanners, software applications and related items
- Evaluates the service desk tickets and processes based on priority and technical requirements in a timely and effective manner
- Resolves issues and escalates as necessary
- Assist in the administration, configuration, maintenance, and updating of the ITSM application used for incidents, problems, and request tracking
- Investigates application system error logs
- Process document moves and delete request
- Maintains equipment through regularly scheduled technology refresh cycles
- Provide video conferencing support and setup
- Conducts frequent shipping and receiving of equipment
- Configures, installs, and tests new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software
- Printer and scanner configuration, installation, firmware updates and support
- Mobile device management, setup and support of iPads and iPhones
15%System Access and Configuration
- Creates, updates, and terminates employee and customer access to systems
- Creates and terminates building security and door code access
- Configures and maintains workstations, peripherals, mobile devices, and operating system/application software based on user needs
10%Documentation and Business Reporting
- Runs various monthly security reports and reviews for accuracy
- Conducts physical verification of all hardware and software inventories and maintains records
- Creates, updates, and maintains IS and end-user Knowledge Articles and checklists
- Assigns and attaches IS inventory asset tags for all non-capital hardware
- IS Budget monitoring, reporting and administration
- Ensures appropriate workstations, peripherals, and mobile devices are received for disposal
- Destroys information on the hard drive and confirms destruction of data
- Performs equipment recycling as needed
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Associate degree in IT, Computer Science, or equivalent degree and two (2) years of experience.
- 2 years of experience supporting technology
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
- Expert knowledge of processes and tactics used to troubleshoot issues related to technology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Expert skills in installing, configuring, and repairing hardware and software
- Skills with Microsoft Office products to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness
- Expert knowledge to set up and troubleshoot printers and scanners
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (, Windows 10)
- Basic skills in troubleshooting and installing Apple products (iPhone and iPad)
- Skill in listening and conveying awareness of a customer's problem or issue to find resolution
- Skill in utilizing time in an efficient and effective manner
- Oral and written communication skills; sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, customers, and supervisor
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
- Active Directory Group
- Business Processes