Environmental, Health & Safety DepartmentSafety Maintenance Coordinator – Princeton Office E08
DESCRIPTION – This position plans, directs, identifies, oversees, and implements organization safety and training programs to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties personally or through others by performing the following duties:
- Identify all safety related hazards at Smithfield Hog Production, Missouri and work with the EHS and Live Production Service Departments to prepare budgets and schedules for work to be completed
- Serve as Project Manager for all safety related projects throughout the Missouri farms and support service locations
- Recommend and implement corrective methods for identified safety hazards
- Serve as the onsite trainer in the maintenance of all Smithfield Hog Production, Missouri’s systems i.e., Electrical, Chemical, Confined Space, Lock Out Tag Out, ARC Flash and Hazards to Personnel, Hot Work Permits.
- Serve as the trainer for all identified Safety Programs
- Availability for 24-hour on call rotation for Environmental Emergency Response
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials
- Prepares root cause analysis of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions, trains others of area risks
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs
- Maintains safety files, completed safety work orders and records
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with a degree in Environment Health and Safety, Construction Management, Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Engineering. Years of experience in the field of safety and risk management can be substituted on a one to one basis for formal education. Qualified candidates must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. A Class E Drivers License is required. Knowledge in OSHA 1910 industry standards and NFPA Standards, building codes, loss control and ARC Flash is preferred.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 17001415
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food and leading consumer packaged meats company.
View the full profile
We are also the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer, committed to providing good food in a responsible way. We accomplish that by maintaining robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental, and food safety and quality programs.
Based in Smithfield, Virginia, in the United States, we are the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield®, Eckrich®, Nathan’s Famous®, Farmland®, Armour®, Cook’s®, John Morrell®, Gwaltney®, Kretschmar®, Margherita®, Curly’s®, Carando®, and Healthy Ones®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care
How We Got Started
In 1936, Joseph W. Luter and his son founded a small meat-packing company, The Smithfield Packing Company, along the tributary of the historic James River in the colonial town of Smithfield, Virginia. Over 60 years later, the “Genuine Smithfield Ham” that brought them worldwide acclaim is still born, bred and produced only in Smithfield. We now have a line of quality meats so vast, it’s helped make the parent company, Smithfield Foods, the world’s largest producer of pork products. Thanks to our heritage and commitment to flavor, Smithfield is now known as the “Ham Capital of the World.”