Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
The sales trainee will work out of the Shelton, CT facility during the training period (approximately 9 months to 1 year). After successfully completing the training program, the trainee will placed in an appropriate sales territory. Prior to being hired, the candidate must commit to relocating anywhere in the United States.
Complete a comprehensive training program to prepare for placement into an outside sales position (Territory Manager) for Hubbell Wiring Device - Kellems. Learn the functions, features and benefits of all Hubbell Wiring Device - Kellems products and programs. Demonstrate the ability to articulate these aspects of Hubbell products and programs to our distributors, end users and specifying influences. Develop an understanding of the company, its policies and practices and its markets, as well as a working knowledge of the Customer Service, Product Marketing, Technical Support and Pricing departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- For the first 9 months to 1 year (depending on the organizational needs and candidate readiness), the sales trainee will be responsible for attending product / program training classes conducted by Product Managers and Sales Managers per the Training Schedule. At the completion of each week, the sales trainee will conduct a product presentation or mock sales call to demonstrate their understanding of the training material. Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Service management and their mentor will provide immediate feedback at the end of each presentation.
- While not in product training, the sales trainee will work within an assigned department in the company. This will include a minimum of 3 months each in the Customer Service and Product Marketing departments and a minimum of 1 month each in the Technical Support and Pricing departments.
- Once the sales trainee has completed the training program, a review will be conducted to assess the candidate’s readiness and fit for a Territory Management position. If the trainee is determined to be ready for a Territory Management position, they will interview with sales management as positions become available.
Skills and Experience
- Four year college degree required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
- Sales or customer service experience a plus.
- The candidate must have an outgoing sales personality, excellent communication and organizational skills, a strong technical aptitude and demonstrate leadership skills.
- The candidate should show proficiency and confidence in both speech and demeanor.
Bachelors Degree in Business or Marketing
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.