To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelton, CT 06484
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Trainee Sales Leadership & Development Program - Shelton, CT
Hubbell Inc • Shelton, CT
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The sales trainee will work out of the Shelton, CT facility during the training period (approximately 9 months to 1 year). After successfully completing the training program, the trainee will placed in an appropriate sales territory. Prior to being hired, the candidate must commit to relocating anywhere in the United States.
Complete a comprehensive training program to prepare for placement into an outside sales position (Territory Manager) for Hubbell Wiring Device - Kellems. Learn the functions, features and benefits of all Hubbell Wiring Device - Kellems products and programs. Demonstrate the ability to articulate these aspects of Hubbell products and programs to our distributors, end users and specifying influences. Develop an understanding of the company, its policies and practices and its markets, as well as a working knowledge of the Customer Service, Product Marketing, Technical Support and Pricing departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- For the first 9 months to 1 year (depending on the organizational needs and candidate readiness), the sales trainee will be responsible for attending product / program training classes conducted by Product Managers and Sales Managers per the Training Schedule. At the completion of each week, the sales trainee will conduct a product presentation or mock sales call to demonstrate their understanding of the training material. Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Service management and their mentor will provide immediate feedback at the end of each presentation.
- While not in product training, the sales trainee will work within an assigned department in the company. This will include a minimum of 3 months each in the Customer Service and Product Marketing departments and a minimum of 1 month each in the Technical Support and Pricing departments.
- Once the sales trainee has completed the training program, a review will be conducted to assess the candidate’s readiness and fit for a Territory Management position. If the trainee is determined to be ready for a Territory Management position, they will interview with sales management as positions become available.
Skills and Experience
- Four year college degree required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
- Sales or customer service experience a plus.
- The candidate must have an outgoing sales personality, excellent communication and organizational skills, a strong technical aptitude and demonstrate leadership skills.
- The candidate should show proficiency and confidence in both speech and demeanor.
Bachelors Degree in Business or Marketing
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.