To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
11720 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Competitive Intelligence Director
Unisys Corporation • Reston, VA
Posted 3 days ago
We are seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Competitive Intelligence Director interested in joining our team in Reston, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Competitive Intelligence Director will provide competitive and market intelligence that drives the development of successful win strategies based on market analysis for selected opportunities.
What You’ll Do
PRIMARY HIGH LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES: Must work closely with capture teams, as well as independently analyze recent and emerging competitor, customer, and technology trends, to determine impact on source selection. The position involves collecting data and analyzing a wide variety of approaches, applications, and technologies for a diverse set of new business pursuits. The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to develop detailed knowledge of customer buying patterns, competitor bid tendencies, and assess competitor technical/business strategies and capabilities and the resulting impact on pricing. Tasks require knowledge and understanding of current technology, engineering disciplines, rapid development of high-level architectures, architecture costing, and analysis of competitor bidding and pricing strategies. The position involves frequent presentations to senior executives.
• Day-to-day execution of competitive and market intelligence projects and deliverables
• Collect, analyze and synthesize market and competitive insights that deliver actionable recommendations by utilizing analytical models and frameworks
• Execute on recurring, ad-hoc and proactive competitive and market intelligence requests, by researching, interpreting and analyzing recurring competitive intelligence data to create meaningful market landscapes, reports and presentations
• Deliver high quality insights and analysis on competition, market trends and new emerging business opportunities and threats
• Lead initiatives and innovative new approaches to CI to support business development, strategic planning, and key pursuits
• Support ad-hoc competitive intelligence needs more strategic or tactical in nature, depending on the request
• Build and maintain Unisys specific and industry-wide competitive intelligence knowledge base and CI portal
• Add value to our key stakeholders by learning about and sharing newsworthy topics as they relate to the industry, Unisys’ business, market trends, and competitive environment
• Be a subject matter expert and serve as a trusted advisor and advocate of the team
• Develop thorough knowledge of Unisys, its lines of business and service areas, and its competitors
• Coordinate and facilitate Black Hats with the broader Capture team and other participants, when requested
What You’ll Bring to the Role
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifcations, skills and types of behavior:
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of functional experience in market and/ or competitive intelligence, research and analysis required
• Excellent business acumen, with the ability to extract key strategic insights from detailed analysis
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to break down problems into single and manageable components, as well as complex data set to parts. A high level of comfort with ambiguity and experience in 'connecting the dots' across a number of themes
• Understanding of the government IT market landscape, and a deep knowledge of the top government contractors
• Intellectual curiosity, analytical acumen, strong problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to 'own' a number of tasks simultaneously, and delivering against tight delivery timeframes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - comfortable preparing communication for senior executives
• Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills are a must, SharePoint experience is an asset
• Sound understanding of various research methods (quantitative and qualitative) and appropriate application of these methods
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt well to change, able to prioritize multiple work assignments, and manage projects with limited oversight
• Demonstrate strong problem solving, project management and communication skills.
• Thrives in a fast paced environment
• Collaborative skills to work effectively with a number of different levels in the organization
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong service orientation
• Must be able to take initiative, be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to work calmly in pressurized situations
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.