We are recruiting talented, self-motivated, high-energy professionals who want to be part of a team committed to providing excellent customer service. We offer a diverse work environment, continuous learning, and several career path options. The ideal candidate will have prior customer service experience, computer literacy, excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a fast paced, call center environment.
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service for internal and external customers by using in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as communicating effectively with team members within the Customer Care Center.
1. Provide first level technical support for agents regarding policy processing, quoting, printing and download; internet/browser issues; application login access, maintenance and navigation with a goal toward first call resolution.
2. Provide first level technical support for policyholders regarding account registration, login access, navigation, and profile changes.
3. Correct all agent error transactions using our Customer Information Control System (CICS) mainframe application and internet based applications.
4. Identify and escalate issues to second level support and follow up with agents/customers as needed.
5. Keep abreast of Grange product updates, product underwriting guidelines, and software application changes as they relate to agents writing new policies and updating existing policies.
6. Interact with internal and external customers providing professional, reliable and prompt service.
7. Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned.
There may be functions (essential or marginal) of this position not listed in this description.
• High School graduate or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred. • 1 year previous customer service experience preferred.
• A background in Personal or Commercial Lines is preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with computers in order to access information from various programs.
• Multi-tasking ability to satisfy customer requests on the phone while navigating through multiple computer applications.
• Ability to work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, based on workload and job requirements.
• Have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing in order to effectively resolve difficult calls and handle customer inquiries.
• Possess “thick skin” to handle complaints and customers who may be frustrated, confused, or upset.
• Enjoy talking with and assisting customers over the telephone throughout the entire work day.
• Be able to work in a very structured work environment while adhering to assigned work schedules and breaks and demonstrate reliable attendance.
• Work successfully in an environment in which quality monitoring and feedback from your manager occurs regularly.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism, excellent work ethic and personal accountability to reach and exceed our goals.
Complex Problem Solving