OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Residential Coaches (RC) and Residential Accountability and Safety Coaches (RASC) provide direct resident care, supervision, and monitoring services. Oversee and ensure a safe and support environment in an effective manner at all times. The primary duty of the RASC is resident tracking and accountability throughout facility, which includes monitoring resident’s movements, locating residents upon nonattendance, and participating in Amber Alerts when a resident is not located within an hour. The RASC collaborates with the Nursing, Clinical, and Medical teams.
FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED.
NOW HIRING : FULL TIME 6:30AM - 2:30PM.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Tracks and locates patients and residents.
- Notify each lodge immediately if patient is missing.
- Update tracking sheets per hour.
- Conduct luggage searches for admitting patients.
- Conduct room searches when instructed.
- Enforce dress code.
- Monitor patient schedules and notifies patient promptly when there is a schedule change.
- Answer phones in lodge.
- Provide support for patients who are making travel arrangements.
- Report behaviors of concern to senior staff, the counseling staff and/or the nursing staff on duty.
- Set and maintain therapeutic boundary with patients.
- Carry radio at all times and respond in a timely manner.
- Assist with attendance at lodge meetings and groups/lectures/TRAP activities.
- Responsible for confidential records filing each shift.
- Assist with transferring resident from Desert Flower to lodge or between lodges.
- Provide 1:1 coverage or extra supervision to high risk patients, if required.
- Complete urine drug screens (UDS) upon return from outing, during admissions and when instructed.
- Accompany patients to appointments and activities, as assigned.
- Participate in amber alerts.
- Perform bed checks/sweeps. Ensure and encourage patients to get out of bed and attend all necessary appointments and meetings.
- Monitor patient activities and enforce program rules. Notify supervisor and/or nursing team if continued inappropriate behaviors.
- May be responsible for check-in and security during the weekend visitation.
- Assist staff in monitoring pool and gym activities.
- Monitoring the smoking areas and compliance with smoking rules.
- Monitor for other infractions of rules.
- Make rounds on a regular basis throughout campus and in all patient care areas and reports safety concerns.
- Monitor security of each building, including inspection of window screens in patient rooms to insure they are intact without damage. Report any damage to maintenance.
- Meal Check-ins as assigned.
- Transfer charts to designated areas.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Manager
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Behavioral Health or Substance Treatment experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, communication and leadership skills.
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance required
ADA Requirements/ Essential Functions
X LIFTING, CARRYING: _50__ LBS. OR MORE: __1_ HRS/DAY
X FINGERING, HANDLING
X BEND/STOOP/KNEEL: _1__ HRS/DAY
X PROLONGED STANDING OR SITTING
X PHYSICAL COORDINATION
X DRIVING VEHICLES
X PERFORMING ROUTINE, REPETITIVE DUTIES
X WORKING ALONE
X WORKING AS PART OF A GROUP
X WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC
X CONSTANT HIGH STRESS
X STRESS OF MEETING FREQUENT DEADLINES
X PERFORMING A VARIETY OF DUTIES
X EXTREME HEAT OR COLD
X FUMES, DUST, OR ODORS
X INFECTIOUS DISEASES
X SAFETY HAZARDS
X RECEIVING INSTRUCTIONS
X GIVING INSTRUCTIONS
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)