Clayton Connect Transportation is seeking an experience Dispatcher! This is an exciting opportunity for a Dispatcher who is looking for a challenging role within
a fast pace and growing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Schedule and Dispatch drivers and flag vehicles to appropriate locations
according to customer requests, specification, or needs.
- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to
coordinate service and schedules.
- Keeps customers informed by forwarding notice of homes availability,
shipment date, and current status.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Telephone Skills, Informing Others, Listening, Verbal Communication, Energy Level, Multi-Tasking, Dependability, Emotional Control, Reporting Skills
- Maintains cordial working relationships with assigned drivers and assistants
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of all facets of driver and escort duties as outlined in state and district regulations.
- Communicate with department employees, dispatching to needed locations to respond to routine requests or emergency situations.
- Communicate with outside organizations, businesses, government organizations, local police and others as appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of routes and locations to assure timely services and accurate information.
- Operate standard office machines.
Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
Basic record-keeping techniques
Health and safety regulations
Operation of two way radio
Perform dispatching and clerical support duties for department
Learn and apply applicable department rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing