Reporting to the Program Delivery Manager within the IT Business Process Excellence team, this position provides leadership for planning and delivery of IT projects and other product backlog items. He/she is responsible for implementation of business and IT solutions, new applications, and upgrades. The position ensures successful delivery, meeting the targets related to scope, time, cost and value. Following DevOps principles, he/she ensures a seamless transition of project outputs to product teams. Overall, this position works closely with business and technology leadership, serving as a leader and trusted advisor for quality delivery of IT solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
This is a position of influence, negotiation and expectation management as well as hands-on delivery management:
- Successful delivery of projects and product backlog items
- Collaborates with product team leaders and business process owners for value creation through technology investments
- Is an active practitioner and coach of LYB Advancing90 delivery methodology, which is based on agile and lean principles
- Coaches and mentors project and product teams, involving both IT and business participants
- Prepares project plan, resource and cost estimates
- Liaises with resource managers to secure resources required for successful delivery
- Manages budget, scope and schedule
- Facilitates organizational change management; manages risk and issue resolution
- Manages stakeholders in business and IT, including senior leaders
- Reports into project steering committee or equivalent body; ensures regular status reporting
- Ensures that the project delivers benefits outlined in the business case and meets reasonable expectations of end users
- Contributes to continuous improvement of LYB project delivery by applying lessons learned and external leading practices
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of IT and business/industry related experience with large, global organizations.
- A minimum of 8 years in a project management role, managing medium to large global teams.
- Five plus years of leadership responsibility in managing medium to large projects and teams and influencing senior management and stakeholders
- Experience in technology projects in one or more of the following business domains: customer and commercial excellence, finance, supply chain (preferred).
- Experience in implementing projects on SAP platform, and preferably also in managing operations on SAP platform
- Experience in implementing SaaS solutions (preferred)
- Experience in Azure DevOps and agile (preferred)
- Excellent program and project management skills with demonstrated track record
- Demonstrated people leadership and team-building skills; ability to work in matrix organization
- Strong presentation and communication skills; negotiation skills to influence stakeholders
- Experience in managing multi-cultural teams and work across multiple onsite and offshore locations
- Experience in financial planning and analysis, and cost benefit analysis, in project economic metrics like NPV, IRR, payback (preferred)
- MBA or MS a plus
- Current PMI PMP certification and Certified Scrum Master a plus
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market:
- Agile Methodology
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Certified Scrum Master