An exciting career awaits you
At MPC, we're committed to being a great place to work - one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of the IT support model for the Transportation, Rail, and Logistics organization. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess strong analytical, organization, and communication skills. The candidate must have the ability to work with individuals from multiple business units at a variety of locations, external vendors, and a dynamic IT support staff. The position includes supporting existing systems and working on projects that directly affect business clients. This position offers opportunities for working with a team of IT professionals and business partners. Because of the criticality of some systems and processes, duties will occasionally require the candidate to be on call after-hours and/or weekends. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of business-critical software for the MPLX team while also providing leadership to the user group for their assigned systems. The position requires an individual with a strong background implementing, enhancing, and supporting custom applications and third party provided software.
* This position is a part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.
* Work directly with business partners to understand their processes and to gather and document business requirements and priorities.
* Functionally understand and work to have expert knowledge of applications for which the role is responsible. Develop test plans and support documentation for support systems.
* Interface closely with vendors, sourcing partners, and other IT teams to collaboratively address application issues and enhancements across multiple applications.
* Internally develop or work with third-party vendors to develop and deploy support and project solutions (e.g. SQL queries, configuration) per business requirements.
* Participate in production support, issue resolution, and change management activities and implements solutions in a timely manner.
* Research and resolve issues proactively and provide status updates, and recommendations to management, business partners and peers.
* Understand the existing IT security and controls requirements of applications and client areas and utilize the appropriate process, controls, and documentation to ensure compliance.
* Lead projects through the entire life cycle of solution development utilizing the MPC Project Management Process.
* Collaborate across the business units and help set the strategic direction and processes across the team.
* Support general IT initiatives by planning and implementing changes to various applications within given timelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent experience.
* 4 or more years of relevant work experience
* Experience with Trimble applications (PC Miler, TMW, TMT, Carrier Hub, TotalMail, PeopleNet) is preferred. Specifically, experience/knowledge of transportation business functions is beneficial.
* ServiceNow, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Data Warehouse, SQL, SSRS reports is beneficial.
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.
Findlay OH Main Bldg
San Antonio TX
Job Requisition ID:
539 S Main St
Bachelors: Information Technology
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Advanced IT Business Analyst(Various Locations)
. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation. To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Business Requirements
- Change Management
- Computer Security