To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chico, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Fire Support Specialist
United States Army • Chico, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The U.S. Army offers some of the most exciting and important career opportunities in the country. As a Soldier, there is no limit to what you can learn and achieve. You will gain the experience that will give you an edge over those in the civilian world.
FIRE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Do you have the ability to remain calm under stress? Have an interest in cannon and rocket operations? If you’ve answered "yes" then you might be the perfect candidate as a Fire Support Specialist in the US Army.
As a Fire Support Specialist, you will be a vital member of the Army’s field artillery team. You will be responsible for leading, supervising or serving in intelligence activities such as target processing for artillery units.
Responsibilities will include:
• Establish, maintain and operate communications systems
• Encode and decode messages
• Assist in preparing and disseminating fire support plans, coordinate documents and target lists
• Assist in the operation of laser range finders, target designation and night observation devices
• Determine target location using computers or manual calculations
• Assist in the set up and operation of advance computer systems used to plan execute fire mission
CILIVIAN RELATED CAREERS
There's not a civilian organization in existence today that doesn't rely on computer and information technology to conduct business and operate more efficiently. As a Fire Support Specialist, you'll learn skills that will help you pursue a career in computer consulting, information technology support or data processing, to name a few.
• Nine weeks of Basic Training
• Six weeks of Advanced Individual Training
• On-the-job instruction
The expert training and competitive salary are only some of the ways the Army strengthens you for tomorrow. As a member of the U.S. Army, you will also receive:
• Comprehensive health care (medical and dental)
• Generous vacation time (30 days annually)
• Retirement Saving Plan
• Family services and support groups
• Cash allowances to cover the cost of living
You may also be eligible for:
• Enlistment bonuses totaling up to $40,000
• Up to $81,756 for college
• Up to $65,000 to repay qualifying student loans
• Up to $4,500 a year in tuition assistance while serving
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
• 17-34 years old
• Healthy and in good physical condition
• In good moral standing
• High school or Equivalent Education
• Physical stamina to perform strenuous activities for long periods without rest
• Normal color vision