Matthews Marking Systems, a leader in Marking and Coding Technologies, is seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the Central US and Central Canada. Matthews Marking supplies industrial marking and coding solutions, associated fluids, and support to a wide variety of industries including but not limited to, plastics, rubber, metals, building products, automotive, consumer products, packaging, and glass.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for all sales activities within a region. This includes maintenance and growth of sales in existing accounts along with the development of new sales accounts/opportunities The Regional Manager is also responsible for staffing and professional development of the direct sales team within the region. Prior sales management in marking and coding, factory automation, packaging equipment, or similar industrial type equipment requiring a solutions-based selling approach is preferred.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT:
- Recruiting, training, coaching, and guiding sales personnel; assisting sales reps in making key account calls; updating Salesforce CRM as necessary.
- Soliciting customer feedback in key areas of customer satisfaction; developing and communicating plans to address deficiencies in the area of customer satisfaction.
- Analyzing and providing information as to market trends and customer needs to influence staffing and capitalize spending decisions to maximize efficiencies and customer value.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Assisting the sales team with CRM (Salesforce.com) compliance to ensure accurate sales pipeline and forecasting for the region.
- May have direct sales responsibility for key account(s) in the region.
DO YOU ENJOY COLLABORATING WITH:
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Providing strategic, operational, and administrative direction to the sales force for the achievement of sales and pricing objectives.
- Directing efforts to achieve or exceed established sales objectives for each territory through prospect identification, opportunity development, and sales closure.
- Monitoring and directing efforts to achieve or exceed desired product line pricing objectives within the territory to maximize region profitability.
- Ensuring optimal territory coverage while minimizing overall sales expense.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8+ years progressive sales management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Routine travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews Marking Systems is a global supplier of printing solutions for product identification, branding, and traceability. We offer robust and reliable systems of unmatched quality for marking needs across packaging and industrial applications, including a full line of high-resolution inkjet, laser, and drop-on-demand valve jet technologies, high-performance inks, and integrated solutions for marking and coding automation. With over 160 years of marking and coding experience, we’ve established a global reputation as a premier innovator and manufacturer in the marking and coding industry. Matthews Marking Systems is a Matthews International company.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Central Regional Sales Manager
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.