Summer Substitute Custodian
New Milford Public Schools
Every job within a school district is important! School custodians play an integral role in maintaining the cleanliness, safety, and functionality of school facilities, ensuring every school day runs smoothly and students can focus on learning.
ESS, recently named one of Forbes' America's Best Large Employers of 2017, 2018 and 2019 has thousands of substitute opportunities each day in our partnering school districts throughout the U.S.
Responsibilities of a Summer Substitute Custodian
- Prepare schools for new school year
- Clean all areas of school buildings according to district standards, including floors, windows, furniture, restrooms, and more; remove trash and recycling
- Deliver supplies and materials to appropriate areas of the building
- Complete all grounds keeping duties
Qualifications of a Substitute Custodian
- Child Abuse Clearance
- Fingerprinting for State and FBI Clearance
- Tuberculosis Test
- We offer benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more!
- You'll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- Our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time teaching positions
- We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you're not in a long-term role - you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message
Learn how to get hired with ESS:
URL blocked - click to apply
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 700 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 2.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.