To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Home Therapies RN $4,000 Sign On Bonus
U.S. Renal Care • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 29 days ago
“Qualified candidates may be eligible for up to $4,000.00 Sign-on Bonus- Please Inquire'
The Home Therapy Registered Nurse, as qualified by federal and state regulations, provides patient training and ongoing support for all patients choosing a home dialysis modality. This position is accountable for providing quality care to all patients and is committed to delivering superior customer service in all internal and external interactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Oversee equipment management including equipment tracking and retrieval.
- Continually seek to improve patient and quality outcomes through tracking and trending of program and patient performance, use of critical thinking skills and root cause analysis to improve patient and quality outcomes. Assist in obtaining data for the continuous quality improvement activities.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and regulations, including health care professionals practice act requirements as they pertain to home dialysis program and patient care requirements.
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Train patient (and/or care partner) in the practice of self-care Peritoneal Dialysis or Hemodialysis upon meeting federal and state regulations governing Registered Nurse qualifications.
- Conduct home visits to assess the patient’s home environment per policy; initially and minimally annually thereafter. Routinely evaluate patient performance and assess the home environment more frequently as needed to improve care.
- Document all nursing services in the Electronic Medical Record including but not limited to training sessions, routine and non-routine in-person interactions, and phone conversations. Documentation should accurately reflect the patient status and nursing interventions and be written to ensure continuity of care.
- Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency operational procedures. Communicate and regularly review Emergency Preparedness procedures with all home patients, including but not limited to emergency disconnection from dialysis equipment, what to do and who to contact if displaced from home.
- Flexible with staffing locations and hours to accommodate patient and USRC home program needs.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the position.
- Coordinate home evaluation with technical services department to ensure that the necessary electrical, plumbing and drainage requirements for proper equipment operation are met prior to patient acceptance into home program.
- Ensure required and appropriate water sampling is complete per policy and product requirements. Monitor and report water sample and culture results.
- Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Current RN license in applicable state. License must be maintained as current and in good standing.
- 12 months or more current nursing experience preferred; 3 months or more home modality experience preferred.
- Previous experience in providing nursing care to patients on maintenance dialysis preferred.
CPR certification required prior to patient care assignment.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable state.
- Ability to meet minimum hiring standards which may include additional background clearances and orientation requirements if applicable to the program assigned to for employment.
- PRIOR TO PROVIDING INDEPENDENT SELF-CARE PATIENT TRAINING: The Registered Nurse must have at least 12 months of clinical experience in providing nursing care and 3 months of experience in the specific modality for which the nurse will provide self-care training, except in states with a more stringent requirement such as Texas, which requires at least 6 months experience in home dialysis prior to training a patient in home modality.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.