To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Crested Butte, CO 81224
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Front Desk Manager
BOXER PROPERTY • Crested Butte, CO
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Boxer Resorts is searching for a Front Office Manager for Elevation Hotel and Spa in Crested Butte, Colorado. We are a nationwide company with a growing hotel division and offer great growth opportunities, benefits, and generous PTO. Local benefits include winter season ski pass, 25% discount on restaurant, pro shop (including ski and bike rentals) and spa purchases as well as a free fitness center membership.
Job overview The Front Desk Manager is responsible for the operation of the Front Office/Lobby guest service areas in an attentive, friendly, efficient and service-oriented manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. Will assist in hiring team members, manage performance, communicate feedback, administer progressive disciplinary process and train the team in successful performance of their jobs.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Works well in stressful, high pressure situations, & maintain composure under pressure.
- Listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Working with and understanding basic Hotel financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner, identifying best course of service-oriented action for guest and associate issues.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk and all guest services areas of hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply and ensure implementation of Boxer Property standards/policies to encourage on the job safety and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Boxer Property standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Respond to all guest requests, comments or opportunities in an attentive, service-oriented and efficient manner. Always follow-up with notification on plan of action to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Spearhead development of employee morale, ensure training of guest services personnel and always follow-up train with positive reinforcement.
- Knowledge of and assistance with supervision of the Night Audit function.
- Schedule front desk, concierge, bell desk and night audit associates according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation/analysis, and simple programming.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling and tracking at the Front Desk.
Essential Skills Required:
- High School or GED equivalent required, degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar hospitality / hotel operations role
- Great communicator, written/verbal and keen interpersonal skills
- Experience with Opera and Microsoft applications
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and targets, with excellent organizational skills
- Professional demeanor, excellent phone skills, and polished presentation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, and work holidays and weekends as needed
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment background check
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Boxer Property / Resorts offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, critical illness, Healthcare FSA, 401K and PTO available after 90 days
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Property will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.