To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patterson, CA 95363
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sup, Distribution (Patterson, CA)
Grainger • Patterson, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Under the close direction of the Process Manager, will provide leadership and general supervision to a small population of employees within a specific functional area or a specific process in a high volume, order fulfillment, multi-shift distribution center while learning the fundamentals of supervision and leadership at Grainger. This role supports Process and Operations Managers to help ensure timely accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the optimization of resources and processes. Will manage processes throughout the operation by rotating through the processes. Will manage and lead people to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures, continual process improvement and drive employee initiatives to create and promote an environment where employees are involved, empowered, and committed to the success of the Company thereby negating the need for third party representation.
•Develop an in-depth understanding of the assigned DC processes/functions. Review opportunities for continuous improvement of warehouse and customer service processes. Identify key variables that influence the workflow process. Develop and implement departmental changes enhancing workflow optimization.
• Effectively lead the department’s employees by creating/sharing a common vision/direction and an understanding of the organization’s strategy. Deliver results in support of the company strategy and expectations; ensure operational excellence within the process they manage. Support their peers in their strive for operational excellence.
Insure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, and EPA regulations with particular emphasis on hazardous materials and power industrial equipment requirements. Ensure the handling/shipping of hazardous materials are in compliance with government regulations and Grainger policies.
• Learn to hire, train, develop, and manage a small staff of employees in non-exempt positions. Monitor and enhance employees’ individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counseling to achieve required results with regard to productivity, safety, quality, and attendance. Create positive honest dialogue with each employee on his/her performance review. Learn to effectively impose positive corrective action to ensure compliance with DC policies and procedures while ensuring their employees are treated fairly and with respect. Maintain appropriate records for direct reports.
• Learn to facilitate and/or lead various teams such as the quality excellence teams that generate creative employee involvement in the improvement of DC processes and improvement of employee commitment to the success of the DC.
• Learn how and when to enhance employee commitment through the celebration of individual and group achievements.
• Must be able to meet departmental expectations to effectively drive results.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NEEDS.
- Four-year degree in business, management, logistics, material management or a related field of study with previous management is highly preferred or 2-5 years previous leadership or supervisory experience in a high volume, multi-shift, order fulfillment distribution center dealing with large employee populations and actively pursuing four-year undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive employee relations. Strong interpersonal skills are needed to directly supervise employees in non-exempt positions.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to communicate effectively across vertical and horizontal lines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to drive results. Ability to operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities subject to frequent changes.
- Demonstrated competence in the application and use of P.C. and operating systems. EWM, SAP is a plus.
- Must be able to interface with a multi-shift operation and physically frequent all areas of offices, warehouse and external trailer yards. 85% time in warehouse environment, 15% office, customer contact, external yard or trailers. Will be required change shifts and or hours to meet training requirements.
- Position requires occasional travel to other DC’s, corporate office, and field locations.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.