Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
Plan, install, and/or support ISD equipment to include (but not limited to) workstations, mobile
devices, printers, cable distribution systems, servers, telephony systems, audio/visual equipment, routers, switches, modems,
electrical systems and equipment, and other circuit specific devices associated with local and wide area networks and
emergency power systems.
Roles include Cable Plan Administrator, IT Support Technician, and A/V Technicians.
• Performs installation and configuration of workstations, printers, cables, network routers and switches, servers, branch office equipment, telephony equipment, modems, firewall devices, PBX cabling, twisted pair, 400-600 pair cable, fiber optics, coaxial, RS-232, and teflon cable, etc, as applicable.
• Documents operating procedures for installations and configurations.
• Develops quality assurance check lists for installation teams and technicians' use.
• Prepares reports for senior management following installation.
2. Maintain / Enhance
• Provides support to maintain and/or enhance existing hardware and software.
• Supports the development and execution of plans for modifications to operational networks and components that minimize disruptions.
• Provides status reports on active problems, updates trouble ticketing systems and coordinates vendor repair on systems not maintained in-house. Ensure vendor(s) understand NFCU policies and practices
• Formulates and administers equipment maintenance program to include troubleshooting, repair, and replacement of the devices.
• Maintains inventory control documentation on systems and components to ensure updates occur according to schedule.
3. Customer Focus
• Demonstrates a desire to understand customer needs; listens to what customers are saying and asks questions as appropriate; demonstrates awareness of client goals.
• Provides prompt, efficient and personalized assistance to meet the requirements, requests, and concerns of customers; provides thorough, accurate information to answer customers questions and inform them of commitment times or performance guarantees.
• Actively looks for ways to help customers by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and/or services; establishes boundaries as appropriate for unreasonable customer demands.
• Act professionally by being pleasant, courteous and professional when dealing with internal or external customers.
• Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers, and displays a good-natured, cooperative attitude; is calm and empathetic when dealing with hostile customers.
• Follows up with customers during projects and following project completion; keeps clients up to date about decisions that affect them; seeks the comments, criticisms and involvement of customers; adjusts services based on customer feedback.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Performs technical analysis of the NFCU hardware and software to diagnose and troubleshoot issues and take appropriate action to repair or replace items
• Receives general direction on key objectives.
• Receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems, direction on modified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
• Remains abreast of emerging technologies, and industry best practices and trends
• Maintains and monitors solution effectiveness.
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Required Level II:
• Ability evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks
• Moderate knowledge of inter-relationships between desktops, networks, servers, and operating systems
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues with an understanding of electronic principles
• Ability to document policies, standards, and procedures
Desired (All Levels):
• Degree or formal training/education in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance or a related field and A+, Network+, and/or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), Cisco Certifications
• Formal training/education in Information Systems, or a related field and A+, Network+, and/or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
• Knowledge of Navy Federal operations
Hours: Monday-Friday,1:00PM - 9:30PM
Location: 141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)