EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Custodian (Utility Cleaner) , NMIC Site
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Custodian in the Washington Metro, Northern VA and MD Suburban area who must be able to Obtain a TS/SCI clearance. The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and care for buildings and facilities in order to ensure they are maintained in a safe and healthy manner.
- Clean offices, mop tile and concrete floor areas and vacuum all carpeted areas
- Dust all furniture and fixtures as required and clean all mirrors.
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers and fixtures, clean kitchen sinks and counters.
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed.
- Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans, place garbage in outside storage bins
- Clean entrance and exit including glass, doors and hardware.
- Work with cleaning chemicals; mixing, use and storage.
- Keep outside area near exit and entrance clear of snow, cans, paper, etc.
- Clean, wash and disinfect drinking fountains and wash all finger marks from walls, doors, hardware and glass.
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs and report damages and acts of vandalism.
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner and maintain an adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies.
- Other duties as might be assigned.
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment
- Knowledge of the workplace and Hazardous Materials Information System
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Ability to work under little supervision.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.