Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Enterprise System Operating Controls (ESOC) team is an Enterprise-wide capability to assess and build controls for interactions between Applications. Currently 100+ critical applications in the organization use our services and the engagements have proven to be very helpful in preventing High Impact Quality Incidents.
The person in this role will work as a SME level to understand & analyze customer data flow & processing functionality to identify control improvement opportunities. Communicate opportunities to stakeholders. Create technical design for recommended controls. Work to provide solutions and analyze problems and pain points, lead matrix teams and make improvement recommendations to technical teams. The ideal candidate will be self-managed and be able to lead matrix teams and multiple work streams.
Candidates from East Coast locations primarily Hartford, CT, preferred.
- Perform gap analysis on customer data feeds using pre-defined Control best practices and identify Gaps / propose recommended controls
- Work with applications teams to create technical design for controls
- Support Control developers, testers during implementation and control operations team during transition
- Aid in the resolution of production issues related to control operations
- Act as liaison between business / application teams and internal other ESOC teams (Control Operations, Automation, Testing etc)
- Create and own various assessment & development artifacts as needed – Interaction Details Worksheet (IDW), SACD, DFD, Policy & Procedure documents, User Stories, User Manual, Business Workflows, Screen mockups/prototypes and present the findings / recommendations to application teams / customers
- Gather and prepare analysis based on information from internal and external sources to evaluate and demonstrate program effectiveness and efficiency
- Research new solutions, suggest business improvements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of IT work experience while performing Systems Analyst / Technical Program Manager role
- 1+ years of working in Agile environment
- In-depth understanding in development technology (examples: Java or .NET or Data Warehouse etc)
- In-depth understanding of application integration technologies (API, Kafka, FTP, MQ etc)
- Working experience writing SQL in multiple database environments
- Flexible with the working hours to closely work with the US counterparts and leadership from application teams
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Knowledge of US Healthcare domain
- High level solutions architecture background
- Work with offshore teams in India in various time zones
- PMP, SAFE, CSM Certifications
- Acute focus on innovation and providing solutions
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaison between business and technical teams
- Ability to work collaboratively in global project with a positive team spirit and ensure teamwork and coordination
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and data analysis abilities
- Excellent Influencing and negotiating skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Systems Analyst Operating Controls, Enterprise System Operating Controls, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina, Atlanta, GA, Georgia, Orlando, FL, Florida