If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our Car[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Research Engineer, Supply Chain Logistics.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary!).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Research Engineer, Supply Chain Logistics or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Research Engineer, Supply Chain Logistics.
About the team and position
We’re looking for experienced data scientists and operations researchers with a passion for tackling big problems to work within our Supply Chain Data and Decision Science team at Carvana. Our team is responsible for developing advanced analytics solutions to optimize and solve some of the hardest logistics and supply chain problems. Our team is responsible for algorithms and systems that automate and optimize the movement of 50K+ per month vehicles cross-country and last mile using our 9 car hauler and single car hauler fleet. We develop, test, and maintain near real-time algorithms and systems that continuously optimize vehicle and truck movements, delivery dates promised to customers, and availability of appointments on our website. You will be able to see how your work has an immediate, tangible impact on every day operations in a rapidly growing and Analytics focused company.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with cross functional teams and other analytics professionals to understand business processes, identify business opportunities and frame the analytics problem to influence changes making process improvements and provide solutions
- Develop solutions to manage Carvana’s last mile delivery to customers with different equipment, resources and activities.
- Utilize data and develop algorithms to drive decision-making across all areas of supply chain and fulfillment operations.
- Aggregate data from a variety of datasets, automate data collection and processing and identify new data sources.
- Identify and drive new analytics initiatives.
- Develop optimization and heuristics models in Python to improve operational efficiency. These solutions are deployed in the business and you will be writing production code.
- Experimenting and researching different techniques to solve NP hard problems, developing mathematical formulations, implementing and maintaining the solutions in production environments.
- Simulate different configurations of haulers and routes to analyze options and support strategic and operational decision making.
- Building & validating analytical and statistical models using Decision Science, including AI-ML techniques for predictive and prescriptive analytics driving value for our operations.
- Work with the software engineering team to create robust production solutions.
What you should have
- Master’s/PhD degree or Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of equivalent practical experience in a quantitative discipline (e.d., Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Transportation Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics, Physics or Engineering).
- Experience in optimization/operations research projects, either academic or industrial.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills with real-life datasets, frame a problem in mathematical form and create real solutions.
- Experience with at least one programming language (e.g., Python, R, Java).
- Good understanding of different deterministic and stochastic optimization techniques.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects to completion without hands-on guidance.
- Strong communication skills.
It would be great if you also had
- Experience using optimization packages like CPLEX, Xpress or Gurobi.
- A good understanding of statistics.
- Experience with SQL and data visualization.
- Experience in implementing optimization models and data science techniques in Airline/Train/Logistics scheduling or manufacturing environments.
- Experience working in a consulting role.
What does our growth have to do with you?
Only everything. Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? You should still give it a shot! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Operations Research Engineer, Supply Chain Logistics that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other systematically marginalized groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Carvana, we're builders. We build tools, business, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thought, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Wellness programs
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Applied Mathematics
- Business Efficiency
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes