Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Reporting to the Sr. Manager Customer Communications, the Manager of Customer Communications for National Accounts will work with a cross-functional team to coordinate, communicate and implement brand, marketing, and customer strategies to our frontline associates and key stakeholders. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced mobile environment that is dedicated to delivering clear and concise communication and execution expectations for initiatives supporting our National Customer Teams. This role will work cross-functionally and in strong collaboration with National Account Teams, Key Business Unit Sales Teams, Corporate Marketing Brand Teams, and Center of Excellence Teams.
** This role can sit out of Cincinnati OH or Bentonville AR. **Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and communicate customer-specific new item information cross-functionally and ensure system set-ups are complete (with Sales, Customers, Bakeries, Supply Chain).
- Effectively coordinate and communicate customer Sales Plans to the field (promotional calendars, customer playbooks, customer Shopper Marketing programs, and displays).
- Communicate strategies and plans: Brand strategy, Category plans, Marketing programs, and Innovation.
- Communicate customer and brand plans to ION team for short term planning.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with the customer team and field teams on brand feedback, planning, initiatives, and tactical needs.
- Manage and coordinate efforts of functional groups on key initiatives exercising sound judgment when providing direction to these project teams.
- Oversee the planning and execution of key business and marketing activities related to positioning, product development, packaging, pricing, consumer and trade promotion, advertising, public relations, and social media with regular cross-functional team communication.
- Build Regional Brand action plans to execute in-market and drive growth.
- Identify concerns and opportunities and develop plans to address them.
- Lead cross-functional Planning calls.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing or related field preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
5-7 years of experience in classic consumer packaged goods or food industry.
MBA is a plus.
Previous brand experience in managing product portfolio, innovation and leading cross-functional teams including Manufacturing R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, and Sales.
Strong understanding of business planning and strategy, marketing principles, analysis, promotions.
Previous project management work experience.
Strong ability to manage people with and without having direct organizational authority.
Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to generate business insights from diverse data sources.
- Experience working in a mobile team setting under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interactive skills with the ability to communicate strategic and analytical material with all levels of management.
- Demonstrate a passion to achieve results and work well with others in cross-functional teams against team-oriented goals.
- Maintain the confidentiality of any personal or company information encountered.
- Travel is required – 25%.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Demonstrate a drive for results, resourcefulness in identifying ways to improve the business, ability to leverage information to understand and develop business strategies, demonstrate business insight, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to Multi-Task supporting multiple project objectives, checkpoints, and timelines to meet project tasks and expectations.
Ability to collaborate with internal co-workers to fulfill deliverables/commitments.
Ability to work proactively and assertively (Empowered to Make Decisions).
Long Term Marketing Visionary.
Strong Creative Skill Set.
Self-Starter with proven ability to manage complexity and problem-solve independently.
Ability to prioritize and adhere to deadlines.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to use a variety of communication methods on frequent basis.
Use a notebook computer and standard office equipment printers, fax, phone etc.
Able to sit, stand, stoop and have use of hand motor coordination regularly.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Trade Promotion Management