Euclid Manufacturing, the Hot Stamp Division of L&W Group, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Controls Engineer. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and the opportunity to work in a new state of the are facility. This is a third shift position
The Controls Engineer will support, improve, develop, research and test electrical components, equipment, and systems on the plant floor in order to meet production needs each day. In addition, they will plan and implement all controls related activities for both manufacturing equipment and facility related.
* To maintain or improve upon all hardware required for control systems located on facility floor.
* Read electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic prints.
* Complete design of electrical control systems including creation of electrical schematics using AutoCAD for new and retrofit press and manufacturing equipment.
* Understand, support, and program complete PLC and HMI programs located in equipment on the facility floor.
* Understand and support motor drive configuration for servo, variable frequency and DC systems.
* Understand and support robotic programming located in equipment on the facility floor. (FANUC Material Handling)
* Assist engineers in specifying ancillary robotic welding equipment including weld guns, torches, cabling, dress out, tool changers, tip dressers, and torch cleaners.
* Use computer based engineering software and equipment: (PLC and HMI base programs, PC based programs, CAD based programs)
* Evaluate and apply new technology as required
* Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
* Test suspect control or electrical devices for failures.
* Meet with management regularly to discuss problems with the equipment and potential resolutions.
* Able and willing to work any shift assigned.
- 3 plus years of experience in a similar Controls Engineer position
- Hands on experience troubleshooting equipment within a manufacturing plant required
- Ability to troubleshoot RSLogix and Siemens Logic plcs
- Tier 1 supplier experience preferred
- Metal stampings experience a plus
- Must have knowledge of hydraulics systems
- Associates degree a plus
Computer Control Systems
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Human Computer Interaction