TBS Regional Director (Tecomet Business System Regional Director)
Founded in 1963, Tecomet is the market leading provider of manufacturing solutions for complex, high-precision products and services for the Medical Device and Aerospace & Defense markets. Tecomet operates seventeen (17) global manufacturing facilities in five countries around the world and employs over 2500 people.JOB SUMMARY:
The role of TBS Regional Director will be responsible for the support of multi plant operations in the development, planning and execution of Lean/CI strategies, culture and metrics providing support to various levels throughout the entire organization for the purpose of linking project metrics to strategic objectives. This position will require an experienced Lean leader with a strong industrial manufacturing background. An individual who is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging strong interpersonal skills is a key requirement of this role. The key to success in this position is the ability to identify and drive systematic operational improvements at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the regions business transformationESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Develop Lean/CI manufacturing strategy to ensure the facility’s objectives are met in the areas of safety, quality, profitability, waste reduction driving through corporate strategic initiatives
- This position will provide leadership / mentoring / training to all levels of the operation on the use and practice of Lean methodology and tools.
- This position will have responsibility for mentoring and developing all regional talent including site TBS/CI leaders and site leadership teams in improvement culture
- This position will act as a key driver of change within the plant, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the plant-wide changes to all employees to facilitate learning, understanding, acceptance and active participation in the business’s Lean transformation.
- This position reports directly to the VP of TBS
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Results based Leadership style skills set with strong impact and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Require the ability to identify and analyze complex operational data from multiple disparate sources in order to synthesize actionable evidence of root cause or improvement opportunities.
- Expert proficiency in the use and implementation of all tools such as: Value Stream Mapping, Total Quality Management, Kaizen, TAKT, Kanbans/Pull Systems, Single Piece Flow, Seven Wastes, 5S, Poka-Yoke, PDCA, 2P, 3P, Hoshin Kanri, Root Cause Analysis, Workshop Management and KPI's.
- Experience dealing with $1B+ operations
- Travel 75%+
- Minimum 15 years applicable experience in Lean/CI system (TPS, DBS, etc) with proven systematic results
- College Degree
- Masters preferred
- Able to work in ITAR businesses
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, MS Access and MS Project is a plus
- 300+ Kaizen events
- Either previous Regional positions or P&L experience
- Medical and/or Aerospace experience is a plus
Tecomet is an equal opportunity employer M/W/Vets/Disable
Coaching And Mentoring