To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Germantown, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Solutions Engineer/Architect Transportation Industry - Germantown, MD
Conduent, Inc. • Germantown, MD
Posted 21 days ago
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
- Family Support
- Professional Development
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Do you enjoy helping others? Are you looking for a company with great benefits and monetary incentives? If so, then we here at Conduent want to hear from you! We have immediate openings for Senior Solutions Engineer/Architect in Transportation Industry in Germantown, MD.Apply today!
- Competitive compensation
- Full Time Employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & 401k plans
- Paid Time Off
- Fun working environment
- Company discounts - Local restaurants, gyms, cell phone service discounts, auto, travel, international theme parks and many more
Systems Engineering / Solution Architect
This is a senior level professional who applies a broad knowledge of traffic and tolling engineering & software concepts, practices and procedures. The role will represent Conduent as a Senior Tolling Subject Matter Expert (SME) in meetings with customers and their consultants, will assist in the development and costing of bid-compliant technical solutions, and engage with internal support functions to ensure the on-time delivery of technical solutions. Applicants will be competent to work on complex assignments and perform a full range of system architecture development activities. The applicant works under deadlines and is capable of handling heavy workloads while maintaining high quality work products, with only general supervision, recognizing that errors at this level can cause delay, expense and/or disruption. Applicants will be capable of helping plan and oversee the design, development, procurement, implementation, testing, and customization of modern roadside tolling hardware and software systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- System design, system engineering and/or system integration for transportation and tolling systems
- Engineering evaluation and/or test of materials (H/W and/or S/W components, products and systems)
- Preparation of detailed specifications from which design documentation will be written, or equipment design/fabricated or installed.
- Performance of associated process studies, research investigations and requirements analysis of all aspects of computer systems, communications and telecommunications system, etc., by applying statistical/analytical and modeling or engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in specialized areas.
- Participation in the development and preparation of documentation for, but not limited to, procedural, system and user documentation. Designs, develops, installs, implements, fine tunes technical documents and/or best practice databases/repositories; monitors standards and procedures and integrates systems through system engineering best practices.
- Works with users to ensure successful system implementation; may assist in internal and/or end-user training.
- Provides guidance and assists in technical mentoring of less experienced staff.
- Must be capable of defining appropriate technical approaches to meeting customer requirements and writing large portions of technical proposals in response to RFP/RFI.
- Participates in customer orals to explain Conduent’s technical approach and to respond to in-depth questions related to the architecture and the technical delivery approach.
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge and compiles information into recommendations and analyses.
- Participates in setting the product roadmap.
- Maintain awareness and interaction with key component suppliers (current and potential) critical to overall product success. Negotiate, where appropriate, long-term master supplier agreements.
- Assist Project Managers with technical negotiations with customers, vendors, and internal support functions.
Read the requirements below and apply today for immediate consideration!
Senior Solutions Engineer/Architect are successful when they meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of responsible related technical experience, including 1 year on a large, technically complex systems and 6 months with major responsibility for developing, revising and controlling technical documentation of a complex system.
- Proficiency using personal computer and associated work station/computer-assisted tools, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio and Linux operating systems, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing customer-focused, quality service
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Ability to interface successfully with clients and Conduent personnel.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a cross-functional technical team
- Commitment to producing quality (accurate, complete and clearly defined) user/client documentation and technical reports
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Maintain a positive environment, working with co-workers and customers within a diverse culture.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability.
- Self-motivation to work under his/her own initiative.
- Must have High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.