The Purchasing Analyst provides key analytical support and expertise as a member of the procurement team. The position is responsible for researching, analyzing and interpreting information obtained on a variety of purchasing projects. The position collates the information to provide accurate and complete data analysis as input for vendor selection and purchasing integration. Establish and maintain communication channels with leadership, key team members and internal business units for data gathering, validation, analysis and reporting.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Establishing and maintaining spend visibility.
• Formulating and executing sourcing activities for material spend categories, while working closely with appropriate business managers, in order to provide year-on-year improvements in total cost, quality and service performance.
• Support maintaining relationships with key suppliers, monitoring vendor performance and developing supplier improvement targets and plans.
• Tracking sourcing savings performance against annual targets and interfacing with Finance to link procurement impact with budget and forecasts.
• Regularly conducting market analysis and peer-benchmarking, and staying informed on industry trends.
• Supporting or leading establish long-term agreements, where appropriate.
• Managing indirect spend categories including real estate and facilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
- BS in business administration, supply chain, or related field or related work experience in lieu of education.
• A minimum 2 years of relevant experience with sourcing, and managing suppliers
• Category experience with any of the following:
o IT software, hardware, & services
o business process outsourcing (BPO)
o Indirect spend
• Proven record of working with cross –functional teams and stakeholders to meet business needs, including improvement of total cost, quality, and service levels, related to the supply base.
• Strong communication, consensus-building and negotiations skills.
• Experience with structured sourcing processes and approaches preferred.
Genex is an equal opportunity, at-will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.