To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- 1001 EASTERN AVE ,NASHVILLE,NC 27856
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Manager - Nashville, NC
Clayton Homes • 1001 EASTERN AVE ,NASHVILLE,NC
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Production Manager - Nashville, NC
The Production Manager is a driven individual who takes full ownership of overseeing and strategizing the production side of our facility, as to ensure we remain the Employer of Choice in the community. He/she understands that the success of the facility relies on their ability to make accurate, timely decisions and have a vision. This individual is charged, most importantly, with conducting business in an ethical/fair manner. The absolute functions for success are outlined as follows.
- Be present at timeclock every morning (rotating between main production and final buildings), greeting team members as they punch in
- Assesses attendance and adjusts manpower to ensure we are running as lean as possible, while still being effective
- Rotate between different morning team huddles each day, making sure they are effective
- When opportunities arise, coach Department Manager on conducting a productive, charged huddle
- Walk line first thing in the morning to push the first line roll and ensure it is met each day, remembering if first one is not done in a timely manner it almost always negatively impacts rest of day
- Be prepared for all meetings with a format that is followed, ensuring they are informative with respect to others’ schedules
- Show confidence in all decision making, considering feedback from Team Members while understanding he/she is ultimately responsible for the course of action
- Set example on company position on safety, taking a zero tolerance stance on unsafe acts; observe during daily line walks, addressing issues with Department Manager that need correction/coaching
- Be on production floor as much as possible, evaluating performance of our Department Managers; seizing opportunities to help them recognize areas for improvement and coaching while praising good performance
- Review production schedule as it is being filled to ensure units are run in the most efficient and effective manner, therefore leading to daily production schedule being obtained
- Review production orders paying attention to purchasing/engineering to determine if either area will cause challenges with production run; make adjustments as necessary
- Continuous improvement/lean - consistently looking for more efficient practices, cutting time out of job tasks where possible
- Identify areas for training and improvement and deliver
- Engage with Team Members throughout day, assisting Department Managers/Assistant Production Manager in identifying those Team Members doing well, and those under achieving
- Ensure plans for improvement are implemented and followed through on for those not achieving
- Develop Department Managers and Assistant Production Managers so that they understand their responsibilities in a way they can act autonomously in the leading of their team
- Keep General Manager informed continuously throughout day on plant production, seeking advice when needed
- Housekeeping - Set the standard for daily improvement - A clean plant is a safe plant, a safe plant is a GREAT place to work!
- Time Management – Remain cognizant of balance between time and priorities, as to achieve all necessary items in a day; assist Assistant Production Managers and Department Managers in doing the same
- Quality - Remain involved with QC Manager, understanding what issues are occurring and see that they are being addressed and root cause is found, through effective delegation and accountability
- Performance Evaluations (Team Members) - Ensure that Department Managers are held accountable in completing Team Member evaluations on time and thoroughly, providing coaching and guidance along the way on how to deliver these in a fair and effective manner
- Performance Evaluations (Department Managers) – Complete written evaluations weekly and have turned into General Manager/Human Resources by 11am on Monday, after returned have discussions with Department Managers by close of business Tuesday, turn into Human Resources after for retention
- Meet with Department Manager twice daily to ensure everyone is on the same page with production challenges, needs and goals; ensuring any action items are followed up on in a timely manner
- Ensure Department Managers keep lines status board updated during day
- Overtime – Remain aware of overtime from previous day and have a plan to improve the next day; keep abreast of current projected hours through Department Manager meeting/communication, keep aware of reasons we are incurring overtime as to fix and reduce in the future
- Teamwork – Model the example you expect of your production team, coach Department Managers and Assistant Production Managers to do the same
- Production Output – Focus on increasing output without risking a change in quality and managing overtime, understanding we are set to run a minimum of 6 floors a day; run rate to meet or exceed the budget
- Conduct a line walk each afternoon, or ensure Assistant Production Manager does, (including Department Managers) to ensure all completion points are met: All gateways are being used as designed, line is rolled in place and ready for start of next day, all areas of the plant meet housekeeping expectations
- Ensure Department Managers check in prior to leaving to see if Production Manager/Assistant Plant Manager has any further tasks for them
- Review the monthly & yearly budget for the plant, floor run rate, and production dollars; communicate to General Manager proactively if we are at risk of not meeting goals in any area and why
- Must possess a safety mindset that no job is worth doing if it endangers the welfare of our TMs
- Humbleness, can effectively give and receive feedback in a constructive way respecting the values of others; compassion and patience are a must
- Must be hungry and driven to work as a team to achieve success, possessing a desire for excellence
- Possesses the ability to be people smart, listening and understanding why individuals function in the way they do and what drives them to be happy and successful in their work
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly and effectively with Management and TMs
- High level of organization and time management skills, as this role has many moving parts
- Ability to stay informed and on time, setting the example of excellence for the Assistant Production Managers, Department Mangers and TMs
1001 EASTERN AVE
NASHVILLE, North Carolina, 27856