To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newark, DE 19711
- Alexis Delle Donne
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Scientist I
QPS Holdings, LLC • Newark, DE
Posted 1 month ago
QPS, LLC is an innovative and dynamic Contract Research Organization (CRO) that has been assisting pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies with their drug development efforts by providing a full range of GLP-compliant bioanalysis, DMPK, and protein/genomic biomarker services since 1995. Please visit our website (www.qps.com) for more information and to see all current openings.
At QPS, Translational Medicine brings together leading-edge technologies and pharmaceutical R&D experience to create a business service unit that works efficiently to advance our clients’ drug development program. Our scientists come from a variety of backgrounds and can confidently perform the pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD), immunogenicity assessment or pharmacogenomics (PGx) experiments required by their design.
Projects in Translational Medicine include method transfer of assays originated from the client’s lab, validation of commercially available kits and methods, or a collaborative effort between the QPS team and the client’s lab for custom assays. In addition to LBA-based immunoassays for PK, biomarkers and immunogenicity assessment, QPS helps develop cell-based assays for neutralizing antibody activity studies and biomarker evaluation in support of their drug development programs.
Our Staff Scientists are key contributors in a laboratory role focused on the analysis of drug or other targets in complex biologic matrices using immunologic methods. Responsibilities include laboratory stewardship, wet-lab operations as well as data reduction and documentation.
• Perform routine mathematical and chemical calculations.
• Quality control (QC) data transcription and calculations
• Proficiently execute all routine lab operations, such as preparing reagents, pipette, weigh, monitor, record and replenish supplies
• Set-up, use and maintain complex instrumentation
• Proficiently execute complete assays, daily and independently, in accordance with the GLPs and governing policies and SOPs to avoid failed runs and study findings
• Document results, accurately record observations, and maintain study records in accordance with the GLPs and governing policies and SOPs to avoid failed runs and study findings
• Prepare report documents and author final sample analysis (SA) reports
• Prepare data tables and/or write reports
• Attention to Detail
• Solid organizational skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects/priorities
• Comfort interacting with people at all levels
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, and make independent decisions, as needed
• Demonstrated ability to recognize issues, solve problems and improve processes
• Strong communication skills
• Solid data reduction and mathematical calculation skills
• Ability to operate relevant, standard, lab equipment, as well as demonstrated ability to learn new equipment
The successful candidate will hold an advanced degree in Biochemistry, Immunology, Pharmacology, Medical Technology, Biology or a related field as follows:
• Bachelor's Degree plus ≥2 years relevant industry experience
• Associate's Degree plus ≥ 4 years relevant industry experience
• Exposure to FDA Regulated industry is preferred
QPS, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all personnel without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job applicants and present employees are evaluated solely on ability, experience, and the requirements of the job. In addition, QPS, LLC is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.