Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Senior Substation Maintenance Supervisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll manage a team of Substation Electricians and Substation Electrician Apprentices while planning and executing daily work assignments which would include Independent System Operator (ISO) compliance, construction, maintenance, test, repair and operation of substation equipment. As a Senior Substation Maintenance Supervisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Plans, schedules, programs, and executes daily work assignments in a safe and productive manner.
- Interprets, trains, and ensures compliance of all corporate policies, safety rules and procedures, System Operating Bulletins, and Substation Construction and Maintenance Safety Strategy.
- Maintains and updates maintenance records in SAP.
- Resolves labor inquiries and disputes to the Bargaining Unit Agreement.
- Research, orders, and receives materials for tools and equipment for substation maintenance, test and construction activities, and for repair and replacement of substation equipment.
- Remains on-call after hours and on weekends to provide supervision, direction and dispatch Maintenance crew and resources for substation emergencies.
- Coaches, mentors, develops employees, and monitors crew timekeeping.
- Creates and maintains a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Four or more years in an electric utility performing or supervising in planning, design, construction, maintenance, standards & development, system operations, field operations, engineering, or construction project management.
- Possess and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business.
- Installing, operating, maintaining, testing, and/or repairing high-voltage substation electrical equipment.
- Using the SAP Work Management System.
- Leading or supervising employees performing skilled craft functions in the operation, construction, testing and maintenance of substations.
- Forecasting, tracking, and maintaining operational and capital budgets.
- Experience with IBEW Local 47 Bargaining Unit Agreement.
- Experience with the Accident Prevention Manual, Substation Operations Manuals, and System Operating Bulletins.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
You should know …
- Visit our [ Link removed ] to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
- Position will require up to 60% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our [ Link removed ] to reference test(s): Edison Leadership Workstyles (Test 8201). Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at
- High Voltage