Company is a high-growth SaaS company serving public sector organizations worldwide. More than just powerful software, Company is a mission driven company whose ‘technology-enabled service’ has been driving holistically better government functionality for over 15 years. Bridging widely adopted commercial marketing-technologies and related digital services into the public sector community, our clients include every U.S. Federal department and we stand as the clear leader in our category.
The Vice President of Federal Sales will lead all management functions over the U.S. federal sales organization. The VP is responsible for overseeing all aspects of revenue-generating initiatives and activities for his/her team, and will shape, lead and execute on the Company’s sales priorities in ways that accelerate the Company’s growth and long-term value development. S/he will manage a front-line sales team of 10+ heads with the right balance of sales strategy and pragmatic sales activity focused on qualitative revenue performance. A fantastic evangelist and networker, the effective leader will be ‘out in front’, personally setting the pace, example, and best practices for effective sales efforts to include: sales process management, sales forecasting, upselling and cross-selling into existing accounts, and execution of overall revenue attainment. The sales leader will also be an exceptional recruiter of top sales talent and able to develop team members towards maximum achievement.
Who You’ll Do:
- Acts first and foremost as a senior-most sales and revenue manager for all Federal business, setting clear objectives and driving accountability across the team and individual team members
- Achieve Company’s quarterly and annual sales plan
- Act as primary point of contact with key leaders of existing and prospective customers wherever necessary. Must personally set pace and example.
- Drive an “activity culture” including in person client and prospect meetings every week
- Own process management: sales funnels, stages, buying influences, steps to close; maintain a methodical, predictive, and organized approach with the team.
- Create compelling revenue strategies that maximize the monetization of a unique and valuable technology service (solution and outcome sales vs. straight product sales)
- Develop near-term and long-range sales and revenue generating initiatives, programs and action plans that capture the highest level of revenues from existing and new clients, products, services and markets
- Collaborate with the global head of sales and CEO to establish and maintain the appropriate sales resources, partnerships and capabilities to achieve the company’s revenue objectives
- Evaluate and adjust existing sales and sales support strategies, plans and tactics to meet changing customer demands and competitive environment
Skills & Requirements
Who You Are:
- You have 10+ years of relevant experience in software or tech-services sector (SaaS, BPM, martech, analytics, big data, DRM, etc.)
- You have 5+ years minimum in a substantial federal focused sales management role (prefer 10+)
- You’ve achieved a track record of quota achievement and revenue growth as a sales leader
- You’ve achieved a track record of hiring, developing, and retaining top tier sales professionals
- You’re deeply familiar with federal contracting mechanisms and sales processes. Note: an ideal candidate could also have a blend of commercial sector experience.
- You have disciplined process orientation and are a “sales operator” (drive practical strategies which are clear and measurable, leverage Salesforce.com and other tools to help organize the team and provide forecasting visibility to the rest of the organization).
- You possess exceptional recruitment skills with a track record of attracting and developing senior rainmakers while scaling revenue and clients. Will likely scale current team of 10 by at least 50% by end of 2019
- You’re committed to team culture and team immersion (i.e. not remote office environment).
- You have exceptional analytic, management and communication skills
- You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- You’re a self-starter with the will and desire to strategize, take action, and get the job done.
Business To Business