To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Providence, RI 02903
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tax Accounting Intern
IGT • Providence, RI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
Interns assist the IGT corporate tax department with the preparation process associated with federal and state tax filings for income tax, sales & use tax, property tax and business licenses. They also assist with the tax provision process, various analysis and other office tasks, as needed. Interns are expected to work a full year to experience the full rotation of responsibilities during the tax year.
Assist in preparation of:
- Federal income tax returns (Forms 1120, 5471, 8865, 8858)
- State income tax returns, for separate, combined and unitary states
- Monthly sales and use tax returns
- Annual business license renewals
- Work associated with property tax return filings
- Assist professional staff with the tax provision process
- Assist with other office tasks as they arise
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be an Accounting major
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a degree program
- Currently in good academic standing with a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- Candidate should be able to start work during the summer and continue on a part-time basis (12+ hours/week) once the fall semester begins
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, free identity theft insurance, free hot and cold beverages, and access to on-site gym facilities (Providence Headquarters and West Greenwich).
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.