To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carrollton, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Data Center Implementation Engineer (DCIE)
Securus Technologies Inc • Carrollton, TX
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The IT Data Center Implementation Engineer will be responsible for Engineering and installation of all hardware systems into the Securus Data Center environments. Spares management, logistics management, vendor management, configuration management and hardware asset tracking will also be key deliverables of this assignment.
- Prepare all change controls related to hardware Engineering and installations
- Work with various departments to compile requirements and update all Data Center Engineering.
- Perform all Installations for IT hardware
- Provide Spares management tracking of the Spares hubs kept to maintain component failures
- Provide details to create hardware project budgets.
- Perform or manage vendors as required to perform periodic preventative maintenance.
- Provide all logistics support for all material deliveries to and between IT Data Center environments.
Good organizational skills
Great interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent analytical and reporting skills
Solid IT Data Center background
Proficient at using MS Visio, Excel, and word.
Knowledgeable in trouble ticketing (Heat) and Environmental monitoring Systems (Orion)
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, or Business Administration
3 to 5 years experience in Data Center Engineering and implementation
Knowledge of AC and DC electrical systems
Data Center Rack, flooring and cable management systems
Camera, environmental and infrastructure monitoring systems used within Data Centers
Safety practices for Data Center implementations
Color blindness must be known due to safety issues and systems integrity
Be able to lift 50 pounds independently and 100 pounds in two person lifts of larger IT hardware.
Must be able to climb ladders and maneuver through raised floor environments to accomplish cable installations
Network Engineering experience a plus
System administration (Microsoft or Linux) experience a plus
Project Management experience or certification is plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.