To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Entry Level Database Developer (USMC)
LMI • Washington, DC
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LMI is a mission-oriented consulting firm dedicated to improving the management of government. LMI provides leaders with the objective analysis, tools, and program support needed to deliver value. As a not-for-profit, LMI develops practical solutions with the potential for broad impact in the public sector. With more than 55 years of experience, LMI serves more than 40 U.S. agencies, as well as government organizations around the world in the defense, healthcare, and national security markets. LMI developers use the latest technologies, databases, and components in a fast paced agile team environment to provide creative and cost effective solutions to our clients.Responsibilities
Position is for a Database Developer with strong SQL skills on the software development staff of a private, non-profit government consulting firm. We are looking for great developers who have a passion to code and a desire to learn new technologies working on high-profile projects.
This position is full-time, benefits eligible, and based at LMI DC/Tysons, VA location.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
Perform activities in support of database development to design, build and support relational and non-relational database systems in a high volume, high availability environment.
- Design, construct, and implement database architectures for optimal data acquisition, maintenance, and extraction of information according to application requirements and specifications.
- Develop logical and physical data models that are used in the creation of databases and design secure access and usage of database tables, view and storage procedures.
- Create query statements, functions and procedures to support software application development, reporting and data extraction as well as define and implement standards and best practices ensuring data accuracy, security and consistency in accordance with DoD Information Assurance policies and procedures across multiple systems.
- Support data warehouse architectural decisions and development standards.
- Conduct activities with On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) and On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) design, implementation, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Utilize BI / Reporting tools like Cognos or Business Objects.
Perform software development activities including requirements gathering and analysis, systems design, development, documentation, testing and integration.
- Support all phases of life-cycle software implementation and application development.
- Actively participate in agile/scrum software development activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- 1+ years of professional experience with an emphasis on full life-cycle systems development including database design, development, or maintenance/support.
- Experience in one or more structured database management system types/vendors to include ORACLE, IBM, My Structured Query Language (MySQL), PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
- Knowledge of business intelligence platforms such as Cognos and ORACLE BI.
- Understanding of relational databases (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server) and developing database-driven applications.
- Knowledge in one or more unstructured data management systems such as MarkLogic, SAS, Teradata, Splunk, HortonWorks Platform, and IBM InfoSphere.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team of software developers.
- Hands-on experience using agile software development methodologies and practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience using Object Role Models (ORM) such as the Entity Framework / LINQ to SQL.
- Familiarity with Distributed Source Control tools such as Git.
- Familiar with Design Patterns (implementation and explanation).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and third party OLAP and data analysis tools.
- Familiar with task and ticketing tools such as Atlassian JIRA or Bugzilla.
- Experience working in a consultant/client environment.
- Secret clearance required.