Senior Cloud Developer
As a Senior Cloud Developer you will be responsible for guiding development teams within *** on realizing the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on *** Cloud. This will involve architecture guidance and development involvement throughout the SDLC. The Senior Cloud Developer will also work closely with Cloud Platform architects to transform the way *** Business units build and run their software. Additional responsibilities include creation of comprehensive training, governance, and enablement programs for software development teams. The ideal Senior Cloud Developer will work with the latest cloud technologies in the marketplace, and assist the *** Cloud Enablement team in building an enterprise template for product transformations.
Cloud transformation requires expertise in Java and/or .NET and experience with cloud environments such as Cloud Foundry, Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud. A high degree of collaboration with development and other IS teams is required to design effective training/governance programs, and align roadmaps for cloud execution planning. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, will be self-motivated, and will be able join a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
Job requirements – includes primary responsibilities only
• Proficiency in .NET/Java, working closely with development teams to solve complex solution challenges and drive code modernization and governance efforts.
• Experience in designing and deploying cloud native applications for Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and Public Cloud
• Willing and able to learn new technologies and industry trends for cloud computing
• Ability to guide, coach and mentor BU developers, and operations people on best practices and patterns for cloud enabling applications
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently and productively with some direction or guidance
• Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent discernment
• Ability to handle deeply confidential information in a professional manner
• Strong communication & presentation skills with ability to interact at all levels of the organization
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Computer science or other Engineering Degree
Job related experience
• 5+ yrs experience developing applications in Java and/or .NET. Experience with both a plus
• Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
• Experience developing applications for a cloud environment (Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Experience in Automation/Continuous Integration (Concourse, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
• Experience in Concurrent Versioning Software (Git, GitHub)
• Experience working within an Agile Delivery Framework
• Active / Past contributor to open-source, a plus
• MS Office skills especially Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint
Learn more about ***:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren't thinking about 'financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We're ***, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNETM 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. *** is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Explore the possibilities of a career with *** and Find Your Forward with us.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Amazon Web Services