Our Orlando, FL laboratory is looking for an eager Analyst to join their team! The Analyst I performs preparation techniques and instrumental analysis of environmental samples for the determination of organic compounds (semi-volatile and/or volatile). The Analyst I also performs routine instrument maintenance and some instrument troubleshooting. Day to day activities include analyzing environmental samples using GC or GC/MS systems in conjunction with automated sample introduction systems. Analyst I will perform sample preparation, quality control sample preparation, data evaluation, and data reporting. Analyst I will utilize basic scheduling and approval systems in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
Analyst I personnel will train under an Analyst II or higher staff member until demonstration of capability to work without oversight has been completed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Chemistry, or a related field from four-year college or university
- No prior experience necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances, and shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
- Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed.
- Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
- Moving about on foot to accomplish task for sustained periods of time.
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving object horizontally from position to position.
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner.
- No special vision requirements
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, and works with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
- Air contamination (i.e., dust, fume, smoke, toxic conditions, disagreeable odors)
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Regular work schedule.
- Minimal travel.
• Competitive Salary
• Incentive Plan
• Medical benefits
• 401(K) plan
• Personal Development programs & training About SGS
SGS is the largest testing, inspection and certification company globally with more than 94,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.