As a Project Scheduler on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will assist the Project Schedule Manager with various duties such as reporting and project coordination.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados, Flatiron, and VINCI has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project –the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45’ diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Perform take-off of quantities and activities from drawings or other documents for creation of Design/Purchase/Construction schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate with Design/Construction Engineers for the establishment of their schedule.
- Create and maintain Design/Purchase/Construction schedules based on specific requirement from multiple departments.
- Update, maintain, and revise monthly and weekly schedules and reports.
- Compare, and report on comparisons of monthly schedules with regards to changes, delays or accelerations.
- Participate in the preparation of TIAs (Time Impact Analysis) for purpose of analyzing and implementing mitigation procedures to the project schedule.
- Identify warnings and risks to the project for the purpose of mitigating the impact of these risks.
- Analyze monthly schedules and prepare reports for the purpose of dispute resolution.
- Participate in the preparation of baseline CPM Schedule.
- Support change order preparation in regard to time impacts and delays.
- Assist in the analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Populate schedule with resource and cost information.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of heavy civil construction scheduling experience, inclusive of highway/roadway projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with others.
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Proven skill and ability to identify and mitigate scheduling issues for simple and complex construction projects.
- Proficient with the generation and maintenance of cost and resource loaded schedules.
- Ability to self-prioritize and self-start projects and task work.
- Ability to effectively multi-task similar activities in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)