Analysts provide analytical and transaction support on municipal financings, assist in the development of proposals and presentations, and provide general support to the initiatives of the senior bankers. Analysts serve as the second or third person on client relationships and begin to undertake extensive direct contact with clients and outside consultants. A strong desire and ability to learn technical and business development skills is important, as is a willingness to work outside normal business hours. Analysts participate in junior banker training with colleagues from offices located throughout the nation. Some travel expected.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and analyze financial and debt models to support the marketing and execution of new
municipal bond issues.
- Research capital needs and financial structure of local government agency clients.
- Create marketing and sales materials, attend client meetings, and act as a point of contact for the
finance team throughout the financing process.
- Perform debt profile analyses related to current and prospective public finance clients.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of client pitch books and requests for Proposals/Qualifications.
- Research industry and financial market trends, running data queries and analyzing such data.
- Prepare memorandums describing financing ideas and opportunities, and case studies on completed transactions
Education and Experience
- Interest in public sector and municipal finance.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and collaborate in teams.
- Knowledge, or ability to learn, web-based applications, and specialized information systems, including EMMA, Bloomberg, TM3, Munex, and DBC.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Ability to prepare and deliver clear, effective and professional presentations.
- Competence in clearly and effectively communicating in both oral and written formats.
Licenses and Credentials
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Math, Economics or a related field
- Minimum Required: 0 to 3 years’ related experience
Systems and Technology
- Minimum Required: Series 50, 52, 63, or ability to obtain within 12 months from date of hire.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Base salary annualized range: $64,630 - $96,940. Actual salaries may vary, and may be based on several factors, including but not limited to each candidate’s qualifications, skills, and overall competencies for the position. The base salary is one component of Stifel’s overall compensation package for each individual employee. Other benefits and offerings include, but not limited to, discretionary bonuses, health / dental / vision / prescription insurance offerings, Stifel Total Health Connect, flexible spending accounts, tuition & certification assistance programs, paid time off, and much, much more! To view a more comprehensive list of Stifel’s current offerings, please visit our Stifel Benefits
Stifel is a more than 130 years old and still thinking like a start-up. We are a global wealth management and investment banking firm serious about innovation and fresh ideas. Built on a simple premise of safeguarding our clients’ money as if it were our own, coined by our namesake, Herman Stifel, our success is intimately tied to our commitment to helping families, companies, and municipalities find their own success.
While our headquarters is in St. Louis, we have offices in New York, San Francisco, Baltimore, London, Frankfurt, Toronto, and more than 400 other locations. Stifel is home to approximately 9,000 individuals who are currently building their careers as financial advisors, research analysts, project managers, marketing specialists, developers, bankers, operations associates, among hundreds more. Let’s talk about how you can find your place here at Stifel, where success meets success.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Business Development
- Information Systems