To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Thomas, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
RWI Logistics, LLC • Fort Thomas, KY
Posted 2 months ago
Other Great Industries
Skilled Labor - Trades
Job Title: Operations Co-op
This role will be required to perform operational duties in a team environment in order to effectively support customer and carrier operations that deliver results to make the organization more profitable. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and translate business data into digestible information that improves business processes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate with drivers and shipping personnel to ensure trucks are properly loaded.
- Escalate to account managers on problem loads, and the actions that will or have been taken.
- Monitor daily pick-ups/deliveries and verify loads arrived on time and in good condition.
- Proactively communicates with carriers, co-workers, and the management team to ensure necessary requirements are met.
- Daily contact with carriers to determine availability and negotiate transportation rates.
- Securing transportation, matching carriers with customers, and maintaining positive customer and carrier relations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions.
- Oversee carriers to ensure that loads are completed safely and on time.
- Utilize TMS system to track and manage customer shipments.
- Obtains and uploads proper documentation associated with customer shipments, auditing as needed.
- Verifies references on paperwork match references within the load.
- Validates rate confirmations and Proof of Delivery (POD) are signed and legible, and any accessorial paperwork required for payment is present.
- Validates carrier rates match with billing.
- Reaches out to carrier partners for required signed documents and escalates through proper channels issues preventing collection of POD.
Ideal Candidate’s Qualifications and Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Operations Management or other relevant Supply Chain/Business Logistics area.
- Experience/coursework in fields such as Supply Chain, or Logistics/Transportation industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently as the position requires.
- Strong prioritization skills, multi-tasking skills, and works with a high sense of urgency.
- Commitment to executional excellence and outstanding customer service.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau is a plus.
- This position is full-time, hourly
Job ID: 182
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.