To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Books-A-Million, Inc. • Columbus, MS
Posted 5 days ago
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Provide the highest level of customer service to each customer.
- Maintain merchandising standards in assigned area according to Company policies and procedures.
- Successfully promote all Company initiatives when interacting with customers.
- Ensure efficient evaluation, processing, and/or merchandising of product.
- Ensure customers receive a fast and friendly purchasing experience.
- Research and input product and customer information into the system according Company procedure.
- Provide quotes to customers for purchase of product and authorizing the intake of product into store inventory.
- Monitor and maintain assigned area’s cleanliness, providing a clean workplace which includes dusting, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and assisting in the general maintenance of the building.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience required, buying experience preferred
- 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of all background screenings
- Computer and cash register skills
- Knowledgeable about product, with ability to research market trends
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift or team lift objects up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.