To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Parrish, AL 35580
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dyno Nobel Inc • Parrish, AL
Posted 24 days ago
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be the expert in maintaining and repairing all mobile equipment, including engines, chassis, and product storage and blending equipment. You will be part of a dynamic team who assures reliable, safe, and cost-effective use of company vehicles and equipment. Other duties will include:
- Repair and maintain all company vehicles in order to assure safe and reliable use.
- Maintain all vehicle maintenance records in order to assure timely maintenance of vehicles.
- Maintain parts supply inventories and equipment in order to have necessary parts and supplies readily available and to control costs.
- Purchase parts and supplies needed for repair and maintenance of vehicles in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and to be cost-effective.
- Supervise other mechanics and helpers in order to meet vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Knowledgeable and use practices consistent with company policies and procedures from applicable technical modules, SOPs, work site, and safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of, and comply with applicable DOT, OSHA, MSHA, EPA, and BATFE.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Proactively handle safety issues and practice Take 5! process by using the HAT tool to promote personal responsibility for safety.
- Maintain safe working conditions and assure that all crew members and others on the site follow all safety and regulatory procedures and practices to ensure a safe and successful event.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of heavy mechanics or related experience
- Must satisfy the requirements for a “possessor of explosives” as defined by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
- Gasoline and diesel engine, chassis and heavy vehicle repair and maintenance, including electrical and hydraulic systems; welding; bulk delivery systems equipment.
- Manufacturers' certifications and training in various vehicle systems.
- Valid Commercial drivers license with necessary endorsements for operating any vehicle operated by the business unit.
- Brakes and hydraulic systems certification required (may be obtained within 12 months of employment).
- Tank inspection certification is desirable.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English, and to communicate in writing and verbally.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and team player
What We Offer:
- Vacation time + 10 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Dyno Nobel is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.