Electrical Technician Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support Time Type: Full time Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret Employee Type: Regular Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10% Type of Travel: Continental US As an Mechanical/Electrical Technician, you will Plan, develop, coordinate, maintain and manage the Systems Engineering, Integration and Evaluation support requirements associated with the Realized & Advanced Prototype Integration & Design (RAPID) Team at JBMDL at Fort Dix NJ. Oversee the Architecture Design, Integration and Evaluations of complex communications, networking and Range Infrastructure to include the interoperability of the military and commercial technologies and communications equipment in Facilities and Ground Platforms. What You'll Get to Do: * Maintain a level of technical competence and awareness in the areas of communication systems integration, and be able to applying theories, concepts and principles in these areas. This includes a basic understanding of AC and DC power systems, grounding, bonding and shielding and an understanding of electronics as it relates to various communications systems such as RF radio communication, network connectivity, etc. * Perform duties as the Mechanical/Electrical Technician in the electrical design and integration of prototype C5ISR systems. Collect and manage requirements from project leads and perform hands-on electrical work as well as technical oversight for mission execution. * Maintain a level of technical competence and awareness in the areas of communication systems integration, and be able to applying theories, concepts and principles in these areas. This includes a basic understanding of AC and DC power systems, grounding, bonding and shielding and an understanding of electronics as it relates to various communications systems such as RF radio communication, network connectivity, etc. * Provide a level of technical expertise in the design, development, and integration of customer equipment on a variety of tactical platforms (vehicles, aircraft, towers, etc.). * Create and design hardware components and/or prototypes, to include drawings/sketches of cables, power and signal entrance panels, power distribution units, system diagrams and installation kit designs. * Possess the technical expertise to specify the appropriate connectors, cables, wiring to meet the design criteria. The engineer must be familiar with electrical safety and design with this in mind. * Ensures the successful execution of all projects in accordance with mission and customer requirements. Develop and perform test plans for verification and validation of developed systems. You'll Bring These Qualifications: * Education/Experience; Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred or an experienced Mechanical/Electrical Technician with a minimum of 3 Years of supporting the integration, installation, operations, and maintenance of C5ISR programs and fielded systems.
* Experience supporting engineering plans and projects to establish operating data and conduct experimental tests on a prototype designs and systems.
* Experience in the different phases of design, integration and test in order to prototype complex experimental systems in accordance with customer requirements.
* Ability to learn new tools and technologies and successfully leverage those to effectively complete projects in a timely manner. The desired candidate will also possess strong oral and written communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Understanding and ability to use electrical software in order to create electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, etc. Ability to be creative and acquire the understanding and knowledge to champion new electrical software tools and test equipment.
* Experience with Computer-aided design software (CAD), preferably CREO Parametric
* Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, CREO Simulate, or similar) * Working experience in the design and manufacturing of sheet metal components, steel and aluminum welded assemblies, CNC machined components, and additively manufactured components
* Ability to be challenged with the creative nature to improvise new concepts, new design visions and willingness to learn and self-motivate.
* 50% - 75% of the time will be hands-on in a prototyping shop environment. Knowledge of wiring, connectors, soldering, wire-harnesses, and electrical test equipment is a must.
* Willingness to travel to fielding locations to be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on area of responsibility on design. Ability to work alone These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have: * Ability to troubleshoot and provide recommendations on upgrades of software and hardware of installed military Radio Frequency systems and communications equipment. What We Can Offer You: - We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post. - Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives. - We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities. - We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities. - For over 60 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Architectural Design
- Assembly And Installation