Location: Johnsonburg, PA
Reports To: Plant Manger
Hourly Role: $24/hour
SCOPE OF POSITION
The primary focus of the Driver is to support the plant by performing all required driver duties and responsibilities, in a safe and effective manner. In this role, the Driver is responsible for handling and transportation of bulk liquid commodities, which include hazardous materials. The vast majority of our deliveries are local, where you will be returning to the home location at the end of every shift.
- Load Product onto truck loading system, transfer product as required.
- Be able to self-load and review all Bills Of Lading, certificate of analysis and other paper work that pertains to the load for delivery.
- Meet Department of Transportation qualifications as required by US law.
- Be able to follow any and all MTO/ DOT and EHS rules and regulations.
- Follow Human Resources policies in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Follow all company rules and regulations as well as all customer rules and regulations.
- Become familiar with plant operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A with all appropriate hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Minimum of three (3) years driving experience in similar Liquid Tanker equipment.
- A clean driving record (MVR) for past three (3) years.
- Be able to provide proof of experience or training to safely operate the type of motor vehicle used by Chemtrade.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills and computer knowledge.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision, be highly motivated, energetic, and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Be physically qualified to drive a motor vehicle and provide valid medical card.
- Attention to detail is extremely important
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70+ locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! For employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Attention To Detail