To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
- Diamond Healthcare Corporation
- Phone:: 804-782-2286
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Vice President of Operations
Diamond Healthcare Corporation • Richmond, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is based in Richmond VA.
Opportunity and Summary of Position
The Senior Vice President (SVP), Operations for Diamond Healthcare Corporation will be joining the organization at an exciting time in its long history of serving hospitals and healthcare systems nationwide to implement, improve and expand their behavioral health services. The partnership with Diamond Healthcare is an integral part of their ability to support the missions of their organizations and the communications which they serve.
This Senior Vice President, Operations will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer, and will be joining a collegial team of executives committed to taking Diamond Healthcare to the next level of performance excellence. This SVP will provide oversight and direction for the operation of hospital-based behavioral health programs, services and facilities. The SVP will be responsible for direct supervision of Corporate Operations Vice Presidents and Directors.
We seek candidates who have a progressive and successful track record combined with experience working within a highly competitive market in the healthcare field. He/she will have demonstrated success growing programs and optimizing accounts while building and retaining strong relationships with staff and colleagues. The expectation is that the SVP will be a strong face to the market and will have had prior success building and maintaining an external presence for the organizations they have served. Experience working within behavioral health operations is a plus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Job specific responsibilities for the Senior Vice President, Operations will include but not limited to:
- Work with the executive leadership team to develop and execute Diamond Healthcare's Strategic Business Plan.
- Design and lead initiatives that position Diamond Healthcare as an invaluable partner and asset to its clients and prospective clients when it comes to behavioral health. This includes helping to further position Diamond in how it supports clients and their operational goals in optimizing quality, efficiency and value-based reimbursement.
- Direct and ensure that the Diamond Healthcare operations planning activities, strategies and structures are attainable and integrated with financial planning structures and processes.
- Facilitate knowledge development and stimulate innovation through educational programs, seminars, retreats and hosting visits of business, government, civic and community leaders.
- Review existing engagements from both a business and strategic perspective. Develop recommendations for changes to ensure achievement of organizational goals.
- Travel nationally, as necessary, to meet his/her operations goals.
Goals and Objectives - Measures of Success:
These represent areas in which the Senior Vice President, Operations is expected to make significant progress within the first 12 months of his/her tenure with the organization. They are not listed in any particular order of significance.
- Has established personal and professional credibility, gained respect and built confidence within and outside of the organization. Viewed as highly engaged, effective and visible and seen as a key member of the executive management team.
- Identified and advanced areas for collaboration and partnerships. In addition, has created key performance metrics, systems for accountability, and measurable action plans.
- Operations VPs and Directors held accountable for overall contract performance and obligations, superior customer service, ethics and compliance standards, and collaboration with colleagues in all other functional areas that contributed to a successful outcome.
- Managed a number of hospital-based behavioral health programs and facilities.
- Assisted SVP, Business Development in strategic planning for expansion in existing markets.
- Provided an overview and supervision of survey preparedness, Medicare surveys, and state licensure surveys, in collaboration with the EVP, Clinical Services.
- Developed new program specialties for the operations division and at assigned hospitals.
- Worked closely with other Diamond Departments (Clinical Services, Business Development, Finance, Human Resources, and Corporate Integrity) in support of the overall Diamond mission.
- Coordinated the assignment of new contracts to Operations Vice Presidents and Directors
- Participated and assigned staff from Operations to conduct Operational and Strategic Assessments
- Maintained positive client relations with minimal to no contract losses in a given fiscal year.
Start-Up Project Support:
- Assisted with coordination of feasibility studies and operational assessments.
- Coordinated the licensure of new programs, DRG exemption process, building renovation/construction approval process with local or state authorities, etc.
- Coordinated with Business Development the expansion of programs and development of new clinical programs.
Consultation and Other Support:
- Identified opportunities for new management and consultation at existing client hospitals and new client hospitals.
- Participated in the Leadership Team process for Diamond Healthcare Corporation representing Operations.
- Assisted and participated in consultation services as needed.
The successful candidate will bring the following to the role of SVP, Operations:
- Master's Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or related field.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in management of a psychiatric hospital as Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Experience working in contract management with hospitals, both for and not-for-profit.
- Minimum of 10 years of healthcare management experience with at least 5 years in senior level behavioral health management.
- Significant experience with healthcare finance, budgeting, and financial modeling.
- Understands, and is able to adapt to, the business, regulatory, and political environments in which Diamond operates.
- Proven track record of assessing and/or building a strong team.
- Strong strategic planning, facilitation and development skills; a proven track record working with cross functional teams.
- A deep understanding and knowledge of healthcare reimbursement, specifically within the behavioral health setting.
- Significant experience in project management and comprehensive business planning.
- Strong management skills and the ability to produce and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills with executive level environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with hospital administrators, physicians and other professionals.
- Demonstrated high visibility role and track record of positive external relationships.
- Nation-wide travel required.
- Position is based at Diamond's corporate office in Richmond, Virginia.
Additional Skill Sets and Characteristics:
- Demonstrated capability to influence. Able to operate and remain effective in politically complex and challenging situations.
- Upon direction from the President/CEO, negotiate effectively in a manner that achieves desired outcomes and promotes strong partnerships.
- Listens to employees to actively collect information to understand other's needs, viewpoints and motivations.
- Shares the credit for team accomplishments.
- Passionate and recognized as a positive change agent who can lead effectively during times of ambiguity.
- Confident and humble; unflappable; open to criticism without personalizing; open to good ideas, no matter the source; assertive, yet flexible.
- Collaborative; willing to work with a team; wear multiple hats when needed. Understands teaching and care delivery, as well as how they interact.
- Challenges the status quo; supports divergent thinking in others; unafraid to try the untried; fosters creativity and innovation to build a high performance workforce.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g., listening, facilitation, and communication skills) characterized by effective interactions with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, stakeholders and audiences. A skilled presenter.
- Ability to interface effectively with government officials to navigate politics and successfully negotiate regarding changes that could affect various lines of business.
- Above all, a person of the highest moral character and integrity.
(That are likely to contribute to the potential effectiveness of this role)
- Being grounded in Diamond's Core Values of Quality, Ethics and Financial Stewardship.
- Inspiring those around you with a vision that motivates people.
- Building trust with effective communication and listening skills.
- Embracing a coaching mindset.
- Adapting to change.