To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Danville, KY 40422
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MEGGITT • Danville, KY
Posted 1 month ago
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Facilities Manager reports to the Site Director/General Manager of Braking Systems - Kentucky. This position is responsible for Plant Engineering activities for the site which includes all buildings, grounds, offices, and manufacturing areas. In addition this position will be a major support role for the Maintenance Department. Good understanding of the facilities and all operations will be required.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for design functions as required to support new equipment installations, forward planning, specifying/designing special machinery, utility systems and new constructions within local, state and national codes and regulations as required.
- Responsible for project engineering (planning, scheduling, budgeting, cost accounting/tracking, purchasing and implementation functions) as required providing timely and cost effective company facilities and equipment. This includes coordination/liaison effort with outside design firms, construction contractors, machine builders and maintenance vendors.
Environmental, Health and Safety
- Responsible for assuring Company facilities and processes are in compliance with all EPA, OSHA and other applicable governmental regulations concerning environmental, health and safety issues.
- Support and help manage continual improvement in maintenance operations which includes skill level development, training programs, problem solving and software development and implementation.
- Will interface with groups from various departments and functional organizations. Good leadership and strong interpersonal skills are required. Is responsible for fostering a motivating and positive work environment. The individual in this position will perform any other tasks properly assigned by the Site Director/General Manager.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline is required. In lieu of a degree, equivalent experience (i.e. significant experience in facility planning and engineering with extensive experience analyzing, planning, organizing and directing facilities implementation, and service/support functions) will be considered.
Years’ Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in project team management with extensive experience in the execution of engineering projects analyzing, planning, organizing and directing facilities implementation, and service/support functions is required.
- Strong computer skills, including utilization of various drafting software, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; SAP knowledge a plus.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment, facilities support systems and equipment, safety and environmental practices and regulations is also required.
- A strong background utilizing lean tools and experience with various problem solving methods is preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.